Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Invincible

ArraMusha wrote: »
    Ya baileys still €12 in SuperValu... Just got one.

Anyone know if hop house cans are still €25 for 24 in tesco?

And if Hennessey is still €25 there too..? Thanks

Hennessy was €28 on Friday there(SuperValu).

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭littlesthobo

Danger781 wrote: »
    20 euro for 24 cans in my local Super Valu:
    https://www.facebook.com/quish.supervalu/posts/1599872963446543

Might just be a local offer..

That hop house slab is an 18 pack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

Anyone know how much Coors Light 6 x 33cl packs are in O'Donovans? or Dunnes

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭freebee23

Mahony0509 wrote: »
    Anyone know how much Coors Light 6 x 33cl packs are in O'Donovans? or Dunnes

Not too sure in either store but bought a full box of 33cl bottles for €18 in Tesco on Christmas Eve.
    Still same price til 31/12

• Registered Users Posts: 82,579 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

For anyone wanting a touch of the high life, Tesco have Moet for €30, reduced from €50...

IDShot_225x225.jpg

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=255245509

• Advertisement
    M

Perhaps the last of the €20 crates...

SuperValu (Expires today)
    24x500ml - Bud/Bulmers/Carling/Carlsberg/Coors/Guinness/Heineken/Molson €20

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Dunnes got any offers still going?

M

Perhaps the last of the €20 crates...

SuperValu (Expires today)
    24x500ml - Bud/Bulmers/Carling/Carlsberg/Coors/Guinness/Heineken/Molson €20

All extended until 2nd January.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,475 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Web-header-xmas-wk53b.png

Pink Gin 15 Euros in Centra

• Registered Users Posts: 86,475 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

vicwatson wrote: »
    Dunnes got any offers still going?

They still have the 25% back on wine, that's as good as it gets for now (along with the tenner off when you spend 50 of course)......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

All extended until 2nd January.

Sadly, extending the offer for the Bulmers, but seems to be out of stock.

Tried a few SuperValu stores today, and all sold out.

Feck it anyway.. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

MrFrisp wrote: »
    Sadly, extending the offer for the Bulmers, but seems to be out of stock.

Tried a few SuperValu stores today, and all sold out.

Feck it anyway.. lol

The tears have all been shed now,

We've said our last goodbye.......

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

SuperValu still have Pink Gin 70cl for €15 down from €25 got one this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

They only had Guinness in my local Supervalu so I got some but would have preferred the Bulmers or Carlsberg. Not complaining though.

Hmmm- anyone got any offers on decent whiskey? Green spot or Red breast (or indeed- some nice Scotch- like Glenfiddich 15 etc)?
    I see a few offers on Amazon- but having spoken to someone in Revenue yesterday who told me of the hundreds of bottles they've impounded over the last few weeks- think I'm better off not trying to go that route.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,475 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Hmmm- anyone got any offers on decent whiskey? Green spot or Red breast (or indeed- some nice Scotch- like Glenfiddich 15 etc)?
    I see a few offers on Amazon- but having spoken to someone in Revenue yesterday who told me of the hundreds of bottles they've impounded over the last few weeks- think I'm better off not trying to go that route.

O'Briens had Green Spot for €50 recently.

Redbreast 12 I'd also be interested on any info on offers.

On your last point, can people not just pay any tax owed on seized bottles or is it just gone for good?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

RoboKlopp wrote: »

On your last point, can people not just pay any tax owed on seized bottles or is it just gone for good?

It's illegal to import so if found its destroyed.... Drank by many....

It's illegal to import so if found its destroyed.... Drank by many....

Its gathering dust in a warehouse in D2 according to the person I was talking to- in quite large quantities too! Apparently they did a clearout of narcotics recently so they've freed up some space.

RoboKlopp wrote: »

Having had some bottles seized myself a couple of months ago I can confirm that you are given the option of paying the duty and having the bottles delivered or leaving the bottles in the care of Revenue who will either destroy them or dispose of them as they see fit.

The duty is calculated on the size and strength of each individual bottle, I asked for a total and sent a postal order. I had a receipt for the postal order in a couple of days and the package delivered a day or two later.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭ablelocks

you have a contact in revenue who has access to hundreds of bottles of liquor?

Boardsie Special!!!!!

you have your mission, conduct it Conductor!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭jasper100

Pay no heed to what somebody in revenue says, I've yet to be caught and others on here seem to be successful.

If you order on Amazon via parcelmotel the booze is repackaged into a larger Amazon branded box so nobody knows what is inside. The stuff gets shipped to a UK warehouse in Northern Ireland then moves freely across the border. I am not sure where Irish revenue are entitled to inspect these packages.

jasper100 wrote: »
    Pay no heed to what somebody in revenue says, I've yet to be caught and others on here seem to be successful.

If you order on Amazon via parcelmotel the booze is repackaged into a larger Amazon branded box so nobody knows what is inside. The stuff gets shipped to a UK warehouse in Northern Ireland then moves freely across the border. I am not sure where Irish revenue are entitled to inspect these packages.

You can take it from me that inspection happens at a distribution center in the Republic.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,475 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

You can take it from me that inspection happens at a distribution center in the Republic.

Correct

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

People seem to think customs are stupid and don’t do inspections

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭fulhamfan

I ordered on Amazon, packaged in a brown box and sent via Parcel Motel. Then got mail or letter to say had been impounded and pay the import duties or forget about it. So they do check and many are caught. BUT I sent a bleeding heart mail to revenue (I didn't know, I had no idea, I never break the law etc etc and god bless them, they released without payment, result!!

ablelocks wrote: »
    you have a contact in revenue who has access to hundreds of bottles of liquor?

Boardsie Special!!!!!

you have your mission, conduct it Conductor!

I wish, lol........
    I might be able to swing a few tickets to see stuff getting destroyed- thats the extent of it.:(

Lidl's Prosecco is 5.99. They have boxes of 6 so you would be saving 2 euro a bottle, that's 12 euro by box.
    I'm not sure how long for but am guessing it should be the same tomorrow if there's any left.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,116 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Lidl's Prosecco is 5.99. They have boxes of 6 so you would be saving 2 euro a bottle, that's 12 euro by box.
    I'm not sure how long for but am guessing it should be the same tomorrow if there's any left.

Alas no. 7.99 today :(

• Advertisement

Caranica wrote: »
    Alas no. 7.99 today :(

You snooze, you lose, you have to pay full cost for booze :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement