Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

elperello wrote: »
    Tesco

20 x 330 ml Heineken + 20 x Bulmers 300 ml €30

They also have Jameson Caskmates Stout or IPA 700ml €25

That's very good for the Jameson, much pick up some.

Actually, do the Tesco Spend and Save vouchers appear in the App or are they mailed out only?
    Don't recall getting one in the post recently...

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭whodafunk

Ohmeha wrote: »
    Tesco changed their price from Guinness slabs from €20 to €25 despite previously advertising in-store and on their website that the slabs were going to be €20 until early May. Poor form from them

Yes saw them there last Wednesday evening at €20. Went in especially on Thursday and overnight they had gone up.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭whodafunk

Ohmeha wrote: »
    Tesco changed their price from Guinness slabs from €20 to €25 despite previously advertising in-store and on their website that the slabs were going to be €20 until early May. Poor form from them

Yes saw them there last Wednesday evening at €20. Went in especially on Thursday and overnight they had gone up.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    What a time to be alive when people are flouncing out of supermarkets over paying €25 for 24 cans of Guinness 😂

www.myvehicle.ie/car-news/the-guinness-de-icing-hack

Horrific Wastage :/ ..im sure the pricewar will recommence in the next day or two for the upcoming bank holiday.. Cheers to the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Update on Tesco deals. Probably all posted already...
    There's loads more 4 for 10 / 3 for 9 etc.

uWK2q5F.png
    szZSpiF.png
    xIl6QCh.png
    0dTcd0h.png
    W6fVCEY.png
    mM27MAm.png
    4sRS0xA.png
    DXxy3J8.png
    yW7ONFe.png
    ox2VSuq.png
    I8Xpgnl.png
    oNtXvuO.png
    mlmC3I0.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Budweiser and Carlsberg cans 1 euro each SuperValu

• Registered Users Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Centra, mix and match from the Rare Vineyards range of wine, 3 for €20 until Sunday.
    https://centra.ie/offers/rare-vineyards-malbec-75cl

Have had some of the range (also stocked in Super Valu) and it's nice stuff.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

d31b0y wrote: »
    Update on Tesco deals.

Appleman's Cider 500Ml Can
    Special OfferSAVE 1.49 Was 2.49 Now 1.00
    valid from 1/5/2019 until 15/5/2019

thats the standout one for me. Have not tried it yet and did not really want to have to buy a load of them on offer, and no way I was paying 2.50 for 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭littlesthobo

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Centra, mix and match from the Rare Vineyards range of wine, 3 for €20 until Sunday.
    https://centra.ie/offers/rare-vineyards-malbec-75cl

Have had some of the range (also stocked in Super Valu) and it's nice stuff.

Cheers for this, all 3 are lovely wines

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Bit late posting this I know, but it's valid until Monday night:

Molloys

3oKPicf.png

Two bottles of prosecco for €18 isn't bad, and knowing Molloys it'll be properly decent prosecco at that. I don't drink Hendricks generally, but I'm guessing this isn't a bad deal for that either?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Limestone1

also Dunnes were doing the usual BH €25 1l gin/vodka today (€40 for 2 with vouchers). Was in Tesco last night and nothing much on spirits so this was a relief ....

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

Tesco, doing Jameson caskmate for €25. The stout edition is excellent. Usually around €38 I think. Apologies if posted already.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Tesco, doing Jameson caskmate for €25. The stout edition is excellent. Usually around €38 I think. Apologies if posted already.

That’s a good deal.

The stout was is really nice.

The ipa one isn’t great. Not terrible but the stout one really is the one to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭ParkyJiSung

That’s a good deal.

The stout was is really nice.

The ipa one isn’t great. Not terrible but the stout one really is the one to get.

Sorry about chat but whats its best mixed woth if anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Sorry about chat but whats its best mixed woth if anything?

Wouldn't mix the Jameson Caskmates with anything, maybe sip it with glass\bottle of pilsner or IPA.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 470 ✭✭TetraSonic55

Applemans bottles €1 in Tesco. Cans are also still a euro till the 15th

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Applemans bottles €1 in Tesco. Cans are also still a euro till the 15th

Gald I just got the single can, I did not like it much, has the same artifical twang off it as orchards theives, but less sweet than orchards thieves.

Very good price for that though, its a 500ml bottle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭CWF

Cobra beer 12 for €12 in Lidl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Bought a couple of Bulmers 1Litre bottles of cider priced at €3(marked down from an original €6) in Tesco,Longwalk SC,Dundalk late PM on Wednesday evening.
    Dated bb 7/2020

Was still about a dozen left on the shelf after i picked up my couple.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 470 ✭✭TetraSonic55

Brewdog Mixed Pack is €12 down from €25 in O'Brien's.

3 x Punk IPA - Post Modern Classic
    3 x Elvis Juice - Grapefruit Infused IPA
    3 x Dead Pony Club - Session Pale Ale
    3 x Indie Pale Ale - True Independent Craft

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Tesco Aromatic Gin down from €22 to €13.20.... Very drinkable gin!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Hi I’ve only ever tried the punk IPA? If I like that is there a good chance I’d like the others?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

fin12 wrote: »
    Hi I’ve only ever tried the punk IPA? If I like that is there a good chance I’d like the others?

Some of them are a bit 'out there'- such as the fruity ones- they just don't work for me. At a quid a bottle- its worth a shot- maybe you might find another one or two that you like- no way would I pay full price for a mixed pack though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,979 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Yes there is a good chance you'll like 3 out of 4.
    Even if not at that price it's worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Thanks I’ll try pick up a pack, is there only one O Brien’s off license in Cork? I googled it and can only find one in Douglas coming up? I thought there might have been one in Blackpool?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭munster87

These bottles or cans?

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

munster87 wrote: »
    These bottles or cans?

Cans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Italix

Thanks I’ll try pick up a pack, is there only one O Brien’s off license in Cork? I googled it and can only find one in Douglas coming up? I thought there might have been one in Blackpool?

Nope, just Douglas, it's a lovely shop though and certainly worth a trip out with the offer on Brewdog.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Italix wrote: »

Nope, just Douglas, it's a lovely shop though and certainly worth a trip out with the offer on Brewdog.
    That would want to be one charming shop.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Italix wrote: »

That would want to be one charming shop.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement