Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Pretty, pretty, pretty good. A lot better than Guinness from a can. Any offers about?

Murphy’s is head and shoulders above both Guinness and Beamish in can form.

Never talked about though as it’s never on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Bannergal wrote: »
    Hi

If anyone comes across deals on cans of bulmers in Dunne’s, Tesco or Centra can you please update. Had surgery so can’t drive at the moment so cant send shopper in & out of shops
    C
    Thanks

Dunnes have 24x440ml cans for €30 however they also had 12x500ml cans for €15.50 which works out at better value than the slab!!

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

kn wrote: »
    Dunnes have 24x440ml cans for €30 however they also had 12x500ml cans for €15.50 which works out at better value than the slab!!

Yes, noticed the slabs are 440ml.

Guinness. Budweiser and Carlsberg 500ml are €34.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Dunno if this belongs here but there's a beer in Aldi called Kortenhoef and I find it not too bad at all. Comes in 8 packs and is only 7.79 or something like that. Under 8 euro anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Anything on Heineken lads?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

I got 330ml cans of foxes rock american style IPA for a steal €.50 on Wednesday.

dated the end of the month. This was in Dunnes Carlow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Anything on Heineken lads?

20 euro for a box of 20 bottles in tesco , probably the best you'll do at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,854 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

1968 wrote: »
    Not sure if it's amazing or not but 4 x Cobra 660ml bottles in Dunnes for €10. Got them today in town (George's St.)

They usually have Estrella and Staropramen 660 4 for €10 as well.

Watch out though, the 660 Staropramen is brewed in the UK and not nearly as nice as the 500mL bottles brewed in Prague.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,356 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Any offers on Baileys or something close to it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭garrkell

Watch out though, the 660 Staropramen is brewed in the UK and not nearly as nice as the 500mL bottles brewed in Prague.

ive def been caught out by this so. :confused::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

The 4 x 660 ml bira Moretti is also really nice. 10 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭snowgal

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Any offers on Baileys or something close to it ?

there was some offer in Lidl the other day. Maybe €15? Sorry I did see it but wasnt paying attention!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Hard to find any sort of offers on Bailey's this time of year. It's really just before Christmas you see the offers on it, I stocked up on it when it was €10 a bottle back then. Still have two bottles stashed at home but they won't be there much longer. I find it nice to have a glass or two of it occasionally after you get fed up of drinking beer and stout all night.

Tesco have the 70cl at €17 at the moment but I don't expect to see it going much lower than that in the medium term to be honest. Tesco have their own branded Irish Country Cream for €7.50 too but I've never tasted it, might be worth a punt at that price if your really stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

Bahanaman wrote: »
    Dunno if this belongs here but there's a beer in Aldi called Kortenhoef and I find it not too bad at all. Comes in 8 packs and is only 7.79 or something like that. Under 8 euro anyway.

Cheers
    Are they cans or bottles and what size

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

GY A1 wrote: »
    Cheers
    Are they cans or bottles and what size

Cans 500ML

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭bassy

20 euro for a box of 20 bottles in tesco , probably the best you'll do at the minute.

24 x 380ml bottles in Aldi 27 euros

• Registered Users Posts: 18,096 ✭✭✭✭rob316

bazz26 wrote: »
    Hard to find any sort of offers on Bailey's this time of year. It's really just before Christmas you see the offers on it, I stocked up on it when it was €10 a bottle back then. Still have two bottles stashed at home but they won't be there much longer. I find it nice to have a glass or two of it occasionally after you get fed up of drinking beer and stout all night.

Tesco have the 70cl at €17 at the moment but I don't expect to see it going much lower than that in the medium term to be honest. Tesco have their own branded Irish Country Cream for €7.50 too but I've never tasted it, might be worth a punt at that price if your really stuck.

Aldi do one for about 6 quid its grand like.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,356 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

snowgal wrote: »
    there was some offer in Lidl the other day. Maybe €15? Sorry I did see it but wasnt paying attention!

Thanks for that it was €17.99 for a 700ml bottle

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

bazz26 wrote: »
    Hard to find any sort of offers on Bailey's this time of year. It's really just before Christmas you see the offers on it,
    There are often offers around mothers day and possibly valentines and maybe even fathers day. Dunno if it happened this year.

People are getting into making bread as a hobby these days, there are plenty of baileys recipes and other cream based liquer recipes online, a far more rewarding hobby!

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭steves2

Birra Moretti is really nice, got it in O Briens for 3 euro, 660ml bottle but Dunnes didn't have them when I looked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

rob316 wrote: »
    Aldi do one for about 6 quid its grand like.

+1

Paying €15+ for a bottle is outrageous considering the Aldi one tastes very similar for a third of the price.

We buy a bottle ever year for Irish coffee at Christmas time. Lovely stuff to be fair on occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Rewired

+1

Paying €15+ for a bottle is outrageous considering the Aldi one tastes very similar for a third of the price.

We buy a bottle ever year for Irish coffee at Christmas time. Lovely stuff to be fair on occasion.
    Lidl's cream liquer (made with actual spirits, instead of wine extract) is only like, a tenner iirc and is well nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

steves2 wrote: »
    Birra Moretti is really nice, got it in O Briens for 3 euro, 660ml bottle but Dunnes didn't have them when I looked.

Those 660 ml bottles aren’t really a deal at all. They usually work out at about 1.25 per 330 ml at best which is fairly average for a bottle considering your buying in double bulk.

Remember getting a 660 ml bottle of Moretti in A Venice supermarket for 70 cent. Now that’s a deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭steves2

FLOOPER wrote: »
    Those 660 ml bottles aren’t really a deal at all. They usually work out at about 1.25 per 330 ml at best which is fairly average for a bottle considering your buying in double bulk.

Remember getting a 660 ml bottle of Moretti in A Venice supermarket for 70 cent. Now that’s a deal.

Well we're not in Venice are we?! You're not going to see Birra Moretti on sale in Aldi so 2.50 for a 660ml bottle of that is kinda a good deal no?

Best way to look at it is price per litre. That way you can really f*ck your liver up in the most frugal of ways!

Less than 3 euro per litre is cheap for a Heineken or other run of the Miller (geddit?) lager.

Current options include:

4 X 660ml bottles of Peroni & Moretti for a tenner = 3.78 euro per litre.

8 cans Guinness for 14 euro = 3.50 euro per litre.

20 bottles Heineken for 20 euro = 3.03 euro per litre. (edited!)

According to Bassy's post you can get 24 x 380ml Heineken for 27 euro = 2.96 per litre.

At Christmas the trays of Heineken/Guinness were 20 euro each i.e. 1.66 per litre.

Sorry, above post edited after some confusion- pretty sure the maths is right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Guys does anyone know if Argus back in Lidl this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

steves2 wrote: »

U can get 4 bottles of that for €10 in Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

fin12 wrote: »
    U can get 4 bottles of that for €10 in Tesco.

yes, and its €9 for 3 x 660ml bottles in SV.

I like it and its a bit different when boozing home during the lockdown.
    I have also tried tomza - I like this but it's not cheap - can't remember the price but no deal. There is a non-pasteurized version - get that one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭bassy

Best way to look at it is price per litre. That way you can really f*ck your liver up in the most frugal of ways!

Less than 3 euro per litre is cheap for a Heineken or other run of the Miller (geddit?) lager.

Current options include:

4 X 660ml bottles of Peroni & Moretti for a tenner = 3.78 euro per litre.

8 cans Guinness for 14 euro = 3.50 euro per litre.

20 bottles Heineken for 20 euro = 3.03 euro per litre. (edited!)

According to Bassy's post you can get 24 x 380ml Heineken for 27 euro = 2.96 per litre.

At Christmas the trays of Heineken/Guinness were 20 euro each i.e. 1.66 per litre.

yes that's correct 24 x 380ml bottles I seen this afternoon in aldi carlow for 27 euros.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement