Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I've bought a few 8 packs of it recently and I though myself it was quite nice to be honest. I'd rank it head and shoulders above Orchard Thieves.

To be fair I’d say it’s a matter of taste.

Orchards thieves to me tastes like someone rammed my mouth full of apple drop sweets.

That might have been ok at 10 years of age but now I’d prefer a more traditional cider. Cullens does the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,985 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

yes Orchard Thieves is very sweet.
    I never liked it at first, used to drink a lot of Bulmers back in the day and it's a completely different drink.
    got to like it a bit more now, but wouldn't go on a session, one or 2 out doing the garden on a summers day is fine.

One cider i like a lot is Jack Daniels Cider. Cider with a hint of JD. Again, would just be having a few at the most, not one for skulling pints and pints of. Can't find it anywhere now though, if anyone knows where I can pick some up around D15 would appreciate it please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Yellow Dog wrote: »
    Was in my local Aldi, Sligo, yesterday.

They have 20 x 330ml bottles of Karlskrone lager 4.3% for €9.99.

Wow 40 bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ballybro

Anywhere doing offers on 24 packs of Guinness cans at the minute .

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ballybro

Anywhere doing offers on 24 packs of Guinness cans at the minute .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,854 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

stimpson wrote: »
    Just started with the Stonehouse as it happens. Top marks for putting the ingredients on the can. Unfortunately it includes sugar and Malic Acid. Sugar is there to bump the ABV. Malic Acid is to try and put back in some flavour.

There could be all sorts of sh*te in the other ones and you wouldn't know.
    It's about time there was compulsory ingredients (and calories, gulp) labelling on alcohol in the EU.

I'd rank it head and shoulders above Orchard Thieves.

Not hard...

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

Always found druids rough on the stomach
    Aldi cullens is nice
    510565.jpeg

Mission accomplished. The full lineup is
    • Linden Village
    • Olde English
    • Rosies
    • Druid
    • Stonehouse
    • Cullens (Aldi)

And I have a couple of longnecks of Bulmers as a control. Also got a few racks of Pork Ribs to soak up the alcohol.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,997 ✭✭✭dodzy

Budweiser stocks dropping like a stone. Paid 34 in Lidl yesterday. Anybody spot anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭sceach16

dodzy wrote: »
    Budweiser stocks dropping like a stone. Paid 34 in Lidl yesterday. Anybody spot anything?

34 in Dunnes, Portmarnock today. No rockshore and very low on o'Haras and the like. A lot of gaps on shelves. Still had McCardles 500ml cans at 2 for 3 euro less voucher so 1.20 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,115 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Heard radio ad on Nova this morning that Centra are doing 20 bottles of Rockshore for €20 if watery lager is your thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

https://www.lidl.ie/en/p/craft-beer-specials/belgian-beer-giftpack/p40563

Has anyone bought this box in Lidl?

What are the beers like?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭RayCon

fin12 wrote: »

What are the beers like?

Lovely stuff .... but thread very carefully ... very strong (I think some are 12%)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

What are the beers like?

Wow, cheers for that. Gulden Draak is beautiful. But as Raycon said pretty strong.
    That's great value though, think it's close to €4 in the off license.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Caranica wrote: »
    Heard radio ad on Nova this morning that Centra are doing 20 bottles of Rockshore for €20 if watery lager is your thing.

Exactly what I thought when I heard the ad on nova this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Caranica wrote: »

Tesco are selling them for €18.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Yellow Dog wrote: »
    Was in my local Aldi, Sligo, yesterday.

They have 20 x 330ml bottles of Karlskrone lager 4.3% for €9.99.

None in Kenmare today, got a box of Canadian Molson, 20 x 33cl for 15 bucks instead and a bottle of pink gin for 17.

Currently enjoying said pink gin with tonic water and crushed ice, in my local that would cost about 9 euro for a single measure. The generous measure I am having now is standing me about 1.80 euro. The pubs are goosed.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

found bud Slabs in Dunnes today.€28

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭sceach16

dodzy wrote: »
    found bud Slabs in Dunnes today.€28

Which Dunnes?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,973 ✭✭✭✭elperello

What are the beers like?

That's a find.

You'd wonder how the Belgians ever get any work done drinking that strength.

The other offer in your link is very good too.

Six for the price of five €10 on some nice beers.

sceach16 wrote: »
    Which Dunnes?

Finglas (cardiffsbridge rd). There was about 14 slabs left at 2.00pm. More due in tomorrow apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Rewired

What are the beers like?
    Mostly tasted like allspice to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭fran38

elperello wrote: »
    That's a find.

You'd wonder how the Belgians ever get any work done drinking that strength.

The other offer in your link is very good too.

Six for the price of five €10 on some nice beers.

I was in Brussels ten years ago for a stag. While my gang were slugging our way through beer like there was no tomorrow, there was these two Belgian lads sipping a small jug of red wine for the night. I felt a little envious at their restraint but that might answer your question lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

This is a GREAT selection of beers. I am actually going to LIDL to get some right effing now. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,435 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Jaden wrote: »
    This is a GREAT selection of beers. I am actually going to LIDL to get some right effing now. Thanks.

Ya may hang on till 10:30 or you'll be disappointed! (assuming you are in Ireland and subject to our nonsense laws)

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭fran38

Jaden wrote: »
    You wont be able to buy alcohol in Lidl for a while yet. Think its 12.30 they lift that block.

Edit: oh its 10.30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

510565.jpeg

Mission accomplished. The full lineup is
    • Linden Village
    • Olde English
    • Rosies
    • Druid
    • Stonehouse
    • Cullens (Aldi)

And I have a couple of longnecks of Bulmers as a control. Also got a few racks of Pork Ribs to soak up the alcohol.

Did they have a special on jacks roll too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

I got my haul in Lidl last night and they were going fast, should get me through the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

Probably old news to the expert drinkers here but Grolsch are gone from the Irish market so no more flip top bottles :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,985 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Peter File wrote: »
    Probably old news to the expert drinkers here but Grolsch are gone from the Irish market so no more flip top bottles :(

I haven’t seen grolsch in donkeys years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Seve OB wrote: »
    I haven’t seen grolsch in donkeys years

It was regularly on sale in tesco, €20 for 24cans and 5%. Then the offers stopped and then it seemed to disappear.

The rip off swingtops are here. https://nutsaboutwine.ie/shop/grolsch-12-x-330ml-e14-99/
    only worth buying if you are using them for homebrewing, and even then there are better beers with swingtops and brown glass.

I imagine they will continue to be here, since many offies do not order from the official distributors anyway.

I remember getting Stolichnaya vodka years back before it was officially distributed here. Then it came in, price increased and it dropped from 40% to 37.5%.

Similar to how some places will sell 5% cans or 330ml bottles of Heineken not intended for the Irish market.

Tesco do a 650ml 5% but I think its not intended to be sold here, and I wonder what heineken think about them doing this.
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=255218992

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement