Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 idontlikemyname

Dada range of wines for €8 in Centra, reduced from €13

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭dball

picked up Roe and Co at €35 in supervalu today

• Registered Users Posts: 9,997 ✭✭✭dodzy

The beer, spirits & wine forum is cheap sh*te

Doesn’t matter. Ablelocks is spot on. Too many opinions that are clogging up the thread. 1 post of a deal followed by 10 posts relating to the merits of something..... normally an “....acher”. It’s a pain in the hole in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Buck Whaley’s in 2008, €100 for a bottle of pi$s wine. What a bargain!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

dodzy wrote: »
    Doesn’t matter. Ablelocks is spot on. Too many opinions that are clogging up the thread. 1 post of a deal followed by 10 posts relating to the merits of something..... normally an “....acher”. It’s a pain in the hole in fairness.

It was an ironic joke!

I completely agree- the debate about people’s preferences is tiresome.

It can helpful if someone asks for a recommendation based on a bargain posted- but the pointless attempts at oneupmanship on your ‘taste’ is unnecessarily smug - we get it, there are some ultra refined pallets out there when it comes to drinking beer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,968 ✭✭✭✭elperello

It was an ironic joke!

I completely agree- the debate about people’s preferences is tiresome.

It can helpful if someone asks for a recommendation based on a bargain posted- but the pointless attempts at oneupmanship on your ‘taste’ is unnecessarily smug - we get it, there are some ultra refined pallets out there when it comes to drinking beer.

Agreed, but if you are buying in those quantities you are going to need a thread to yourself :)

Lidl have Coors Light 8x 500ml cans €10.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

Not particularly a bargain but Dunnes have 5 Ltr. Kegs of Krombacher 4.8% for €25.

When I was in there yesterday I picked a few cans of Germania Pilsner 4.8% for €1.15 a can which is quite nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

elperello wrote: »
    Agreed, but if you are buying in those quantities you are going to need a thread to yourself :)

Lidl have Coors Light 8x 500ml cans €10.

Insert joke here about my taste being 'a bit wooden'!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I’m going to be in Derry next weekend,

How much is the swithwicks in supermarkets there? Is there much of a difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,529 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

fin12 wrote: »
    How much is the swithwicks in supermarkets there? Is there much of a difference?
    Don't recall ever seeing it for sale up north.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭PaulT21

fin12 wrote: »
    I’m going to be in Derry next weekend,

Just a quick check of the Asda site

https://groceries.asda.com/search/smithwicks:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

PaulT21 wrote: »
    Just a quick check of the Asda site

https://groceries.asda.com/search/smithwicks:D

Sainsburys 100% definitely don't have it either.

Sainsburys offer until Tuesday - 1 litre Absolut Vodka @ £20

Had a look in Newry today- didn't see anything of any particular interest- there just wasn't any value in anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Sainsburys 100% definitely don't have it either.

Sainsburys offer until Tuesday - 1 litre Absolut Vodka @ £20

Had a look in Newry today- didn't see anything of any particular interest- there just wasn't any value in anything.
    Tesco have 12 cans of punk IPA for 12 stg. Asda have dead man's fingers for 18 and red leg for 15. 1L of Smirnoff or Bacardi is 17stg in Asda and Sainsbury.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭xtradel

Yellow Dog wrote: »

When I was in there yesterday I picked a few cans of Germania Pilsner 4.8% for €1.15 a can which is quite nice.

Picked up a couple of those a few weeks back and it was nice enough but was a shocker to see its brewed for Aldi!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Claude Greengrass

The o'sheas beers (made by o'haras) in Aldi are tasty, and all under 2 quid

• Registered Users Posts: 8,032 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

The o'sheas beers (made by o'haras) in Aldi are tasty, and all under 2 quid

On the ball, the stout is class.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

25% back off 6 or more bottles of wine/prosecco in Sainsburys 26th to 31st Aug
    Quota of max 24 bottles per customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,985 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Nice one, I’m heading north next week.
    Is that at the till or back in points?

Seve OB wrote: »
    Nice one, I’m heading north next week.
    Is that at the till or back in points?

Its applied at the till.
    Think they're cutting back on awarding Nectar points on products- their recent offerings have been pretty miserable.

I see Tesco have same offer on but up to 36 bottles

• Advertisement

Seve OB wrote: »
    I see Tesco have same offer on but up to 36 bottles

Have a look in both- Tesco tends to be a bit cheaper, but Sainsburys generally have a better range (and they're 'Taste-the-difference' own brand is really really good). Shop around though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Any Guinness deals knocking about guys and girls?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,968 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Dunnes

Molson Canadian

20 x 330ml bottlles €15

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭fulhamfan

vicwatson wrote: »
    Saw 12 for 16.50 in Super Valu, Northside Shopping Centre yesterday if that's any help

• Registered Users Posts: 34,816 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Obriens: 9 white deer range 4 for 10 for month of August , stout, ipa,pale ale, lager, all gluten free

Bet Black Lightning isn't included in that :(

Yellow Dog wrote: »
    Not particularly a bargain but Dunnes have 5 Ltr. Kegs of Krombacher 4.8% for €25.

You're right, 5 euro a litre for a basic pilsner is nuts. Same shop sells Spaten 5x500mL for €10 which is one of the best pilsners around. So 5 litres would be €20. You don't get the 'lad points' of having a massive 'can' in your fridge though :p

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Not sure if its a bargain but first time i see them,i got a box of 12 Asahi 330ml for €17 in Tesco earlier and at 5.2% its a very nice beer!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

12 cans for €17.50 Dunnes

Do you happen to know what time you can buy drink from in Sainsbury’s and Tesco up north during the week?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

casio4 wrote: »
    12 cans for €17.50 Dunnes

8 for €12.50 in SuperValu just slightly more expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

Do you happen to know what time you can buy drink from in Sainsbury’s and Tesco up north during the week?

From opening time ... I remember picking up bottles of spirits at 8am in a tesco up north.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement