Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,203 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

sully123 wrote: »

There was rumours of 2 cans of it going to be free with 6 packs of the normal Guinness. Such a waste of widget using them in the alcohol free stuff :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭KinnegadKid

Yea bought the roe and co for 25 today...Have never tried it before.. drank 3 bottles of that 3 swallows in the last few weeks so now will try the roe and co

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭adam240610

I got three swallows in Tesco Greystones yesterday (there were a fair few left), using as a Christmas present so hope it's decent enough

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭KinnegadKid

It's very tasty with a dribble of water..the 3 swallows

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭you2008

roe and co is 45%:eek::eek: is that mean i can drink lesssssss........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

3 swallows in Dunnes is €37.50 at the moment. They have recently posted 10 off 40 vouchers. That will bring them down to 30, same as Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭garrettod

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

12 for €25 in O'Briens, at the moment.

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,862 ✭✭✭✭Basq

garrettod wrote: »
    Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

12 for €25 in O'Briens, at the moment.
    To be fair, most offies are selling it for €2.50 / 4 for €10 anyways. But a decent tipple!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Basq wrote: »
    To be fair, most offies are selling it for €2.50 / 4 for €10 anyways. But a decent tipple!

In that case his post is saving you a €5 if you were to buy 12 so why are you questioning it??

• Registered Users Posts: 43,862 ✭✭✭✭Basq

^ Apologies, poor Maths. You may continue.. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Darc19 wrote: »
    Did a taste test on the 470ml guinness v 500ml.

3 guinness drinkers. 3 cans of each.

About 450ml poured from all cans into a tall 500ml glass, so levels were identical.

Bottom of glass marked with 6 different colours. These were recorded and hidden, so glasses could be mixed and base seen with no idea which was which.

Face masks used as blindfolds til half the glass was gone.

No discernable difference was noticed.

But when a 470ml was poured in front of two of them and given to them (I was the third person) , they suddenly said that there was a difference. Funny - one of them only had drunk the 470ml in the blind tasting, yet swore there was a difference in the 3 different 470ml cans.

Going to try the same with the 0% when it goes on sale next week :D

Forget Covid vaccines, you're doing the real research. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,924 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

anyone know if Dunnes sell Middleton Rare?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

Seve OB wrote: »

Not sure, but Tesco do it for 165ish which is the best price you can get

I've seen the empty boxes on the shelf of my local in Galway so its possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Tends to vary between stores. Dunnes in Citywest Ive never seen it on the shelf but I saw the 2019 on the shelf in the Longford branch recently.

Tends to vary between stores. Dunnes in Citywest Ive never seen it on the shelf but I saw the 2019 on the shelf in the Longford branch recently.

Dunnes Donaghmeade had it today- think it was €175 or something like that

Dunnes Donaghmeade also has 4 x 500ml bottles of Five Lamps larger for €10.

For those who havent tried it - i think its a lovely larger

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭SkatesOn

I've seen if for sale occasionally, but it's very rare. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,743 ✭✭✭ablelocks

zell12 wrote: »
    Tesco
    HrJxkoR.png

anyone know when this offer is over - specifically the roe & co @ €25. Need to plan my essentials supply run carefully...

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭keos

ablelocks wrote: »
    anyone know when this offer is over - specifically the roe & co @ €25. Need to plan my essentials supply run carefully...

Roe & co says until 24/11

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭snowgal

Anyone ever come across Famous Grouse offers? Never seems to be included in whiskey sales.....

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭phester28

got my Dunnes vouchers in the post today. Ive read somewhere that the law changed and they can no longer be used for alcohol. The voucher text does not mention it at all. Anyone purchase alcohol in the last few days with vouchers?

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭sceach16

phester28 wrote: »
    got my Dunnes vouchers in the post today. Ive read somewhere that the law changed and they can no longer be used for alcohol. The voucher text does not mention it at all. Anyone purchase alcohol in the last few days with vouchers?

No change so far. My understanding is that these changes come in in January.

This thread discusses it. https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=115243289#post115243289

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭odddavey

phester28 wrote: »
    Used my 5e off 25e in tesco just there now to buy hop House.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

sceach16 wrote: »
    No change so far. My understanding is that these changes come in in January.

This thread discusses it. https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=115243289#post115243289

I was pretty certain that came into effect last January but I could be wrong. It wasn't anything to do with Dunnes policy but a law preventing vouchers being used against alcohol purchases. I used them last Christmas as well.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

kn wrote: »
    I was pretty certain that came into effect last January but I could be wrong. It wasn't anything to do with Dunnes policy but a law preventing vouchers being used against alcohol purchases. I used them last Christmas as well.
    It was activated by way of statutory instrument last January but there is a 12 month lead-in time to allow retailers get their houses in order.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭DERICKOO

Guinness recalls new non-alcoholic stout in ‘precautionary’ move

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

DERICKOO wrote: »

What a disaster for them. Hadn't launched here yet though, so that's a plus, but will likely get lots of coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

DERICKOO wrote: »

Nearly as bad as dunnes recalling the water a few months ago

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Nearly as bad as dunnes recalling the water a few months ago

I wonder if it is the same non-alcoholic water?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement