Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Seve OB wrote: »
    yes i think the 25% has had it's day. i dont think we have seen that in any f the supermarkets here in over a year now but i stand to be corrected

closest i have seen is 15% off 6 in obriens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭oceanman

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Are 24x500ml Bulmers a thing of the past folks? :)
    had plenty of them in dunnes blanch today.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,965 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Seve OB wrote: »
    know when this goes on till?

Sorry I don't and Dunnes website is not great.

It was there yesterday.

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Are 24x500ml Bulmers a thing of the past folks? :)

Yes, now they are 24x440ml.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,344 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Got to love the €10 Baileys deal in Tesco

Better off buying 2 or more bottles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

PTH2009 wrote: »

Saw them in Aldi today also €10. Be rude not to ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

oceanman wrote: »
    had plenty of them in dunnes blanch today.

You certain they were 500ml

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭oceanman

You certain they were 500ml
    not certain i just spotted them as i was grabbing a tray of carlsberg.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Mitchell & Sons have some good wines in their 2 for €25 deals & they have a range of decent wines there.

2 x Chablis premier cru for €25 is fairly superb value to be honest

Is it this one? Only half bottles if so.

https://mitchellandson.com/products/denis-race-chablis-1er-cru-montmains-half-bottle

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭you2008

PTH2009 wrote: »

will use my 10 off 50 vouchers, 5 bottles = €8/per :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Hoboo wrote: »

Well spotted, thank god I didnt pull the trigger on it yet!

Thanks for letting me know - message deleted

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Got a litre of Bailey's for 25 euro. They were out of the 70cl ones. Loads of coffees to look forward to. Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Got a litre of Bailey's for 25 euro. They were out of the 70cl ones. Loads of coffees to look forward to. Tesco.

How much does a litre normally cost?

fin12 wrote: »
    How much does a litre normally cost?

It's 30.50 in Supervalu at the moment but usually it's more I think. I only buy it on offer so not sure how much it costs at other times. I would have got two bottles of 70cl but they were sold out.

It's 30.50 in Supervalu at the moment but usually it's more I think. I only buy it on offer so not sure how much it costs at other times. I would have got two bottles of 70cl but they were sold out.

I think the offer on baileys finished yday.

Jameson 70cl €20 centra. Until Sunday

I think the offer on baileys finished yday.

22nd November Tesco. It says the 70cl is usually 20.66.
    Now I'm realising it would have cheaper to buy the two small bottles. Damn it anyway

I see Smirnoff 1L is €23 in Tesco but there is no end date on the offer, was just on their website there. I’m guessing that there has to be an end date.

I see Smirnoff 1L is €23 in Tesco but there is no end date on the offer, was just on their website there. I’m guessing that there has to be an end date.

That's the normal price maybe. I would guess they could reduce it at some stage and that offer would have an end date. I can't drink vodka unless it's in a cocktail. Ok so I realise now it's a litre. Yeah that's cheap? Strange

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

22nd November Tesco. It says the 70cl is usually 20.66.
    Now I'm realising it would have cheaper to buy the two small bottles. Damn it anyway
    If you haven't opened it yet, you can return it without issue if you happen to pick up cheaper 70cl bottles in the meantime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

It's also €23 in Dunnes so with a €10 off €50 voucher you could get 3 bottles for a shade under €20 a go.

Quackster wrote: »
    If you haven't opened it yet, you can return it without issue if you happen to pick up cheaper 70cl bottles in the meantime.

I suppose yes thanks. Ah it's grand, for the sake of a fiver I'll get over it. I like it with brandy for Christmas or in coffee. Just overthinking it :) I haven't opened it.

That's the normal price maybe. I would guess they could reduce it at some stage and that offer would have an end date. I can't drink vodka unless it's in a cocktail. Ok so I realise now it's a litre. Yeah that's cheap? Strange

That is a very good deal that why I’m like when is the end date?

That is a very good deal that why I’m like when is the end date?

It could be up till Christmas maybe? I think everything will be full price again in the New Year. Maybe try to pick up some before the end of November to be sure.

Or as AD pointed out same price in Dunnes. You are bound to pick up some at that price so.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,006 ✭✭✭✭zell12

muXDt0N.png

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

That's the normal price maybe. I would guess they could reduce it at some stage and that offer would have an end date.

€23 is not the normal price, smirnof/morgans/gordons continually drop in price to 25 or 23 with no special offer notice on them. 1L would go up to around €30 at times. Coming up to christmas you might see smirnoff dip to 2x1L bottles for €40.

I thought your baileys was a typo and meant to be €15 for 1L. €25 for 1L is €17.50 per 700ml bottle. The current 700ml price of €10 works out at €14.29 per litre. Baileys has far less excise duty on it so I guess they can afford to drop the cost a lot more than the regular price compared to full strength spirits.

I would suggest hitting the shops early to get the baileys, as it can be gone in a snap. Also they can often have it stocked in various other places, it is usually a low seller so the regular shelf space will only fit so many. In my tesco it could be in 4 different places. Some of these will have them boxed if you want it for a gift.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dubstepper

Jameson 70cl €20 centra. Until Sunday

They are doing a Jameson 70cl box set with a glass in my local tesco for €20

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭fulhamfan

Just back from Dunnes where Baileys is 10 and Hennessy is 28 but after vouchers Baileys is 8 and Hennessy is an unbelievable 22.40. I have never seen it so cheap and unlike some of the other shops, Lidl in particular and Tesco a bit of late, their is plenty of stock!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

fulhamfan wrote: »
    Just back from Dunnes where Baileys is 10 and Hennessy is 28 but after vouchers Baileys is 8 and Hennessy is an unbelievable 22.40. I have never seen it so cheap and unlike some of the other shops, Lidl in particular and Tesco a bit of late, their is plenty of stock!!

Last year I remember having seen Hennessy at €25 or €50 for 2 that finally comes to €25. With voucher it would have effectively costed €20.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement