Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Same here, it's everywhere in the Algarve but hard to find over here. A trip to Lidl I shall make!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Superbock's lovely, make sure it's well chilled and it's a real treat. I had one last night after doing a few jobs and it was excellent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Anyone seen any deals on slabs lately? Electric Picnic is fast approaching

• Registered Users Posts: 82,538 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Synode wrote: »
    Anyone seen any deals on slabs lately? Electric Picnic is fast approaching

None lately, best is 12 Guinness for €15, you could use the €10 off €50 Aldi/LIDL vouchers if you bought 48 cans. I doubt Guinness is something for a music festival though. Normally there's a bunch of deals in the week leading up to Electric Picnic so best hold off.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

I doubt Guinness is something for a music festival though.

Unless you can get hold of (a) a glass, and (b) somewhere quiet to drink it, both relatively unlikely at EP, it's not recommended. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Tesco have a special on the 35cl bottle of Jameson @ 14 Euro.
    Not exactly the bargain of the century- but not too bad either.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I doubt Guinness is something for a music festival though.
    In the beer forum stouts were recommended for electric picnic since most would rather a stout at room temp than say a lager. Bass was also seen as a good choice.

I drink guinness direct from cans quite a bit. If its cracked open a tiny bit first it does not surge out over the top so much. It tastes all the better if there is some gobshite who gets all upset at the "philistine" drinking guinness from a can. Oh my -what are you doing with that mass produced nitrogen filled flavourless pisswater that I consider the one and only stout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

20 x 330ml bottles of Heineken

Tesco - €24
    Supervalu - €20 (The Bargain)

also:

8 x 500ml cans of Linden Village in Tesco for €8

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭sylvanb

Orpens Irish cider 4 bottles for €3 in Dunnes Stores Bishopstown Court last night, Best before 08/2015....

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭pjq

I bought some of the Guiness cans (12 for €15) during week at Tesco Ardkeen W'ford. The best before date was 04/10/2015. I'm not worried or complaining, but it's a bit unusual?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Might not be the best unless it's chilled but O'Brien's in Naas (not sure about other branches) have 24 cans of KPA by Blacks of Kinsale for €40 which is an excellent deal for a great craft beer.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

pjq wrote: »
    I bought some of the Guiness cans (12 for €15) during week at Tesco Ardkeen W'ford. The best before date was 04/10/2015. I'm not worried or complaining, but it's a bit unusual?

Whats the issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,538 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

pjq wrote: »

Normally they are 6 months plus when I have got them in Tesco. I wouldn't worry about it though, they will be grand for years after this date :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭ablelocks

rubadub wrote: »
    In the beer forum stouts were recommended for electric picnic since most would rather a stout at room temp than say a lager. Bass was also seen as a good choice.

guinness xx bottles of stout are lovely cold or warm. 6 bottles for 7.50 in tesco, or at least they were upto last weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 COYBIYELLOW

Crate of Miller (20 x 300ml bottles) are €16 in Tesco.

Valid till 8/9/15.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

Crate of Miller (20 x 300ml bottles) are €16 in Tesco.

Valid till 8/9/15.

I think I saw them in Lidl for €15, maybe someone can confirm?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

O Briens in Sandymount are selling 24 cans of Heineken for €30. Handy for Electric Picnic if you want to avail of the Heineken Cooling facilities.

Dont know if the offer is in every O Briens but I would assume it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Anyone notice Kilkenny knocking around for cheap? If I've to drink out of a can I might as well try get something nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

connundrum wrote: »
    Anyone notice Kilkenny knocking around for cheap? If I've to drink out of a can I might as well try get something nice.

I haven't seen that beer on promotion...ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

I haven't seen that beer on promotion...ever.

Yeah, me either :(

Might be Heineken so..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Yeah, me either :(

Might be Heineken so..

you can get 6 pack of Smithwicks for €10.99 currently, again not a huge discount but Smithwicks is another one of those beers that is rarely on promotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

If its ale you drink, then I recommend Irish Red Ale by The Crafty Brewing Company, 4 x 330 ml bottles 4.1% for €5 in Lidl.
    I've tried it in a glass at different temperatures and it was grand.
    It tastes somewhat like Hobgoblin.
    Drank cold (not freezing) straight from the bottle tastes best in my opinion.
    Hope you find this useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,779 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Think the can reference was for electric picnic - no glass allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Lidl are doing the Xxl promotion again.
    So perlenbacher is 7.29 for 8 bottles. Get them while you can as they never last long.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

O'Briens in Athlone have 24 cans (330 ml) of Blacks Kinsale Pale for €40... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

laros wrote: »
    O'Briens in Athlone have 24 cans (330 ml) of Blacks Kinsale Pale for €40... :)
    Not bad for a nice ale.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭guylikeme

Corrs budweiser can deals anywhere? Muck prices in Dunnes and aldi for same. Any crates less than thirty anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

guylikeme wrote: »
    Corrs budweiser can deals anywhere? Muck prices in Dunnes and aldi for same. Any crates less than thirty anywhere

All I noticed was Molson and San Miguel in tesco for €24 a slab.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭filbert the fox

you can get 6 pack of Smithwicks for €10.99 currently, again not a huge discount but Smithwicks is another one of those beers that is rarely on promotion.

and like a couple making love on a yacht....fcuking close to water!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Charlie19 wrote: »
    All I noticed was Molson and San Miguel in tesco for €24 a slab.

nice one, will go for 2x miguel with my lidl voucher, and 2x5 packs of donuts to hit the €50, 2 days food & drink.

valid from 30/8/2015 until 8/9/2015

the trays are usually €26 min these days. Says its 4.5%, think some san miguel was weaker.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement