Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭thegeezer

Anyone know of good offers on English beer - Lidl have the awful Hobgoblin and the excellent Old Speckled Hen 500ml both at 2.09, and picked up the last 11 x 500ml Fullers London Pride at Tesco for 1.59 each the other day, but sadly this has gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I think the opposite, love hobgoblin. Dunnes have trouble brewing 4 for 10

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

TheDriver wrote: »

Didn't know Dunnes had trouble brewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

They have India pale ale and golden one. Couple with 10 off 50 and its 2 euro a bottle

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

TheDriver wrote: »

Lidl stock an Irish red ale, 4 x 330ml bottles for €4.99, that in my opinion tastes just like hobgoblin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

Does anyone know if Dunnes are doing the 25% discount on wine?
    If they are do you know how many bottles you have to buy? I know it used to be 6 then they reduced it to 4.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

johnire wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Dunnes are doing the 25% discount on wine?
    If they are do you know how many bottles you have to buy? I know it used to be 6 then they reduced it to 4.
    Thanks

I think it's on as there was a fella behind me in the queue today and he was buying 3 x 6 bottles and I heard the lady at the checkout say it's on until close of business Monday so i'd say it's 6 bottles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

O'Brien's are having a craft beer sale, over 250 beers all 6 for 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

O briens can fook off with their loyalty card. 1 point a euro takin the piss.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

thegeezer wrote: »
    Anyone know of good offers on English beer - Lidl have the awful Hobgoblin and the excellent Old Speckled Hen 500ml both at 2.09, and picked up the last 11 x 500ml Fullers London Pride at Tesco for 1.59 each the other day, but sadly this has gone.

Picked up Fullers and some other UK and Irish bottled beers heavily discounted in Tesco Coonagh Cross this evening. All €1 to €1.50. Still plenty of London Pride, Galway Hooker stout and some others left even after I made off with a crate-load of stuff! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

12 x 500ml Heino €15 Supervalue, for two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Guinness 8 cans for €10 in Dunnes they are also doing €32 a slab works out cheaper buying in eights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Looks fairly decent, even for just trying out

https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/thur-24-sep/products-detail-page/ps/p/hobgoblin-golddr-thirstysking-goblin/

W39_PD_Thursday_IL7_1f52bddfc7.jpg
    Hobgoblin Gold/Dr. Thirsty’s/ King Goblin

500ml €2.29

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Canada beer 24 for €24 full size cans in tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,779 ✭✭✭✭L1011

squadro wrote: »
    O briens can fook off with their loyalty card. 1 point a euro takin the piss.

2% on beer, 3% on wine unless its changed. 1% is normal in retail.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Quackster wrote: »
    Picked up Fullers and some other UK and Irish bottled beers heavily discounted in Tesco Coonagh Cross this evening. All €1 to €1.50. Still plenty of London Pride, Galway Hooker stout and some others left even after I made off with a crate-load of stuff! :D

cheers quackster.

nothing tastes better than half price beer...

except maybe free beer!

Tiger 500ml bottles marked down to 1.60 but scanning at 3.15. went to customer service and got my money back on six bottles - more than double the difference - €18.90 v.s 18.60.

There are some other bottles that are marked down but the system is still scanning them at the original price ....don't know which ones so be sharp

I wasn't as greedy as quackster, so there are still some bottles of Tiger, Galway hooker, erdinger urweisse, some ciders, sam adams 6x 330mls at 5.50 and carlsberg 6 packs at 5.50 too....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Tesco dunleary Heineken 5L keg 11.67

• Registered Users Posts: 82,538 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

damian139 wrote: »
    Tesco dunleary Heineken 5L keg 11.67

Wonder is it nationwide? There's none showing online so they may be selling off stock, it's probably more a drink for the bbq in the summer, still at that price I will indulge if I can get any.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Finn lager 12 bottles for €7.50 in tesco naas. Tastes alright for a craft beer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Murt10

Finn lager 12 bottles for €7.50 in tesco naas. Tastes alright for a craft beer

Just bought a box and trying the first bottle.

Wouldn't rate it. Slightly more taste than Bud.

Each to his own!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Aldi are selling a French Abbey beer (6%), very similar to Leffe Blonde if anyone likes that lovely Belgian Trappist Abbey beer.

It's called "Goulade", and 6 x 25cl bottles for €6
    Tiny bottles, but Leffe Blonde is normally 4 x 33cl for €5.50 in Lidl (when it's infrequently available), and €8.35 in Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Aldi are selling a French Abbey beer (6%), very similar to Leffe Blonde if anyone likes that lovely Belgian Trappist Abbey beer.

It's called "Goulade", and 6 x 25ml bottles for €6
    Tiny bottles, but Leffe Blonde is normally 4 x 33ml for €5.50 in Lidl (when it's infrequently available), and €8.35 in Tesco.

:eek:

Those are tiny! Not even a tenth the size of a normal long-neck!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Any deals on paulaner hefe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Has tesco Phased out Bavaria? all thats been in my local is the non alcoholic version the past two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,886 ✭✭✭✭Basq

martyos121 wrote: »
    :eek:

Those are tiny! Not even a tenth the size of a normal long-neck!
    I suspect it was mistyped.. either 25cl or 250ml! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

It's called "Goulade", and 6 x 25ml bottles for €6
    Tiny bottles, but Leffe Blonde is normally 4 x 33ml for €5.50 in Lidl (when it's infrequently available), and €8.35 in Tesco.

They had 750ml bottles of it last year. Absolutely putrid IMO. No one could drink it so it went down the drain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Basq wrote: »

Yep, 25cl. They weren't that tiny :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Basq wrote: »

That was the joke. :) I would love to see a 25ml bottle though, would look comical.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

If anyone sees Argus Strong in Lidl again any time soon drop a message here, I'm exhausting my stockpile far faster than I had expected ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 willfer

TallGlass wrote: »
    Looks fairly decent, even for just trying out

https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/thur-24-sep/products-detail-page/ps/p/hobgoblin-golddr-thirstysking-goblin/

W39_PD_Thursday_IL7_1f52bddfc7.jpg
    Hobgoblin Gold/Dr. Thirsty’s/ King Goblin

500ml €2.29

I commend you fine sir, thank you for this!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement