Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Any January Sales?

I was in Tesco last night and they can keep their special offer of 6 cans for €10.

Nothing special about their boxes either.
    20 bottles of Carlsberg €20
    20 bottles of Heineken €24

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭ablelocks

In Tesco Roxboro Limerick :

Bushmills 10 yr old single malt is €25 (it's €44 in o'briens for comparison). (may not be available in all tesco stores)

Coomara Poitin - Original, Berry and Citrus are €15

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭tnethacker

ablelocks wrote: »
    In Tesco Roxboro Limerick :

Bushmills 10 yr old single malt is €25 (it's €44 in o'briens for comparison). (may not be available in all tesco stores)

Coomara Poitin - Original, Berry and Citrus are €15

What's wrong with at bushmills? Did they overstock or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,780 ✭✭✭✭L1011

tnethacker wrote: »

Likely deleting the product line. Its a damn good product for that price.

tnethacker wrote: »
    L1011 wrote: »
    Likely deleting the product line. Its a damn good product for that price.

nothing wrong with the Bushmills - tesco pricing on spirits has been a bit all over the shop since before christmas.

discontinuing certain product ranges is the most likely reason but it seems to be store specific - eg - I got a bottle of Glenlivet 12yo for €10.66 in one store before Christmas and it is back up from €36 to €41 something in a different store now. I got a bottle of Havana Especial Rum for €12.50 but was €25 everywhere else i checked.

cheers to the tesco pricing system

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,561 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Happy New Year...

Looks like the lack of a €1 can for a while but not the worst deals to be fair at SuperValu...

SuperValu
    Heineken 20x330ml bottles €20 (expires 13th)
    Guinness/Heineken 24x500ml cans €28 (expires 13th)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

During the week Dunnes were selling off their crates of Guinness. 24 x 500ml for €24. Taking into account the tenner off on 50 spend, that's a smashing price - 80c a can!

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

ablelocks wrote: »
    nothing wrong with the Bushmills - tesco pricing on spirits has been a bit all over the shop since before christmas.

discontinuing certain product ranges is the most likely reason but it seems to be store specific - eg - I got a bottle of Glenlivet 12yo for €10.66 in one store before Christmas and it is back up from €36 to €41 something in a different store now. I got a bottle of Havana Especial Rum for €12.50 but was €25 everywhere else i checked.

cheers to the tesco pricing system

Yep, it's store-specific product clearances. And not just spirits either. I got a few bottles of Tesco Finest Vintage Port 1997 in Jervis last week at €10 a bottle and I've seen it for sale at €29.65 in other Tesco stores since!

You'll know its an item being discontinued at that particular store by the presence of an asterisk on the shelf price label

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Looks like the lack of a €1 can for a while

Tennets has been €1/can in O'Briens for months, IMO it's not nearly as bad as people make out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭donnacha

Havana Club 7yr Rum just under €19 in Tesco Ballybrack at wine clearance section.
    Jameson Black Barrel just under €24 in Tesco Park Pointe (HoneyPark)

535343_814359152026744_2202848480317867503_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Got cobras bottle there a while ago in tesco parnell street. 660ml bottle were 70 or 80c a bottle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Got cobras bottle there a while ago in tesco parnell street. 660ml bottle were 70 or 80c a bottle.

80c? Really?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

squadro wrote: »
    2 bottles of cobra 660ml for a fiver in tesco. Scanned at checkout for 80 cent a bottle. I'm gonna need a bigger boat.:D.
    same thing with me. Just a different store.
    2 months ago.

M

SuperValu
    Heineken 20x330ml bottles €20 (expires 13th)
    Guinness/Heineken 24x500ml cans €28 (expires 13th)

These are extended until 20th.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭RayCon

amber2 wrote: »
    Got XXL Perlinbacher in Lidl Charleville today so if your passing your local Lidl might be worth checking just in case, Charleville had plenty in stock.

Back this week ....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=98501638&postcount=3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭sceach16

25% back in points if U buy 6 bottles . Portmarnock finishes 14 Feb. with 10 euro back on 50 spend. This puts a 10 euro wine actually costing 5.50 (2 cash discount and 2.50 on points) by my calculations.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭NinetyForNone

If anyone sees Argus Strong back in Lidl over the next while drop it here, easily the most epic ratio of strength to price in beer :D
    Seems to be back..
    Traditional Polish Cuisine week...
    anybody know what availability is like? will swing by local lidl on the way home

• Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Seems to be back..
    anybody know what availability is like? will swing by local lidl on the way home

Was in the lidl on cork st in dublin durimg the wk amd there was a heap of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭amber2

Seems to be back..

Microfiltered Argus is very nice. Also the French 750ml bottle is lovely stuff, is also 7% worth a try for €2.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

French 750ml bottle.? Name please?.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭amber2

squadro wrote: »
    French 750ml bottle.? Name please?.

Duc De Coeur French Strong Pale Ale, also it's on an end and not in the drink section in my local if your looking for it may be the same in all stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

lidls
    Kingfisher, sapporo, chang, moretti,

Dammit how did I only notice this today! Hope Lidl Deans Grange still has some left!

If anyone is curious about the above, picked up a slab of Argus strong today. Still buckets of it left in the Pottery Road Lidl - absolutely lovely beer if anyone hasn't tried it, and easily the best strength/size to price ratio of any beer I've ever seen :D

M

If anyone is curious about the above, picked up a slab of Argus strong today. Still buckets of it left in the Pottery Road Lidl - absolutely lovely beer if anyone hasn't tried it, and easily the best strength/size to price ratio of any beer I've ever seen :D

What beer would it compare to roughly?

What beer would it compare to roughly?

In all honesty it's quite difficult to compare the taste, I find it fairly unique. It definitely has more of a bitter taste than a lot of mainstream beers, and isn't one to be downed / drunk in a hurry. Kind of beer you want to pour into a glass and sip away on.

Strength wise, the nearest commonly sold beer to it would be Guinness foreign export. But obviously the taste is very different as Argus is a lager.

They also have a weaker 6% version which comes in bottles, haven't had this myself but I might pick up a few tomorrow just to give it a try and see if it's as nice. Very golden colour from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Bykobap

Chivas Regal 12 Year Old is 24 euro in Tesco Ashbourne, reduced from 44 euro.

• Advertisement

Bykobap wrote: »
    Chivas Regal 12 Year Old is 24 euro in Tesco Ashbourne, reduced from 44 euro.

and in Nenagh (although I think it might have been 20.49)

crested ten is reduced to 29
    jameson black label reduced to 42 something, but bear in mind that in some tesco stores it did go to 23 for a short time a few weeks ago

and got a bottle of wine - Brown Brothers something and Syrah - for 5 (lone bottle on the shelf with no price label)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement