Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Not sure if it is still running but tesco were doing 6 bottles for €40 for a variety of wines. Then at the cash register you got an extra 5% off.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

dedaw wrote: »
    Advice please......

Catering for approx 100 people. Wine, beer, prosecco needed.
    I'd like to get decent wine, Oyster Bay if I could.
    Newry would cost me 30 euro return including tolls.
    Would it be worth my while heading up? Haven't seen the 25% off 6 bottles at tesco in ages. Any ideas?
    Thanks!!

Not much use to you now , but both Tesco and Sainsburys in Newry were doing 25% 6 bottles or more on Sat the 20th August when I was up there .

• Registered Users Posts: 82,563 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Advice please......

Would it be worth my while heading up? Haven't seen the 25% off 6 bottles at tesco in ages. Any ideas?
    Thanks!!

Depends how many bottles you need, for beer I wouldn't bother as deals down here are usually cheaper for premium beers....

Oyster Bay Chardonnay is €14.99 in Tesco, it's £8/€9.50 in Sainburys so a saving of €5.50 a bottle
    http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=266636059
    http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/groceries/oyster-bay-chardonnay-75cl

Oyster Bay Pinot Noir is €15.29 in Tesco, it's £9/€10.60 in Sainburys so a saving of €4.70 a bottle
    http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=259578506
    http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/groceries/oyster-bay-pinot-noir-75cl

Cheapest Prosecco in Tesco is €14, cheapest in Sainsburys is £6.75(€8) so a €6 a bottle saving...
    http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=273782335
    http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/groceries/new-for-summer-44/edizione-789-di-mondelli-prosecco-75cl-7800128-p-44

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭dedaw

Aaaahhh!

If I kept an eye on their websites would I know of an upcoming offer?

Not much use to you now , but both Tesco and Sainsburys in Newry were doing 25% 6 bottles or more on Sat the 20th August when I was up there .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Tesco do a very nice own brand Cava for only £5. Wrap a napkin around the label and nobody will be any the wiser! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭NinetyForNone

Argus Microfiltered Bottle €1.49 / €2.98 Litre - 6%
    Anybody check this out?
    I noticed today the labeling has changed, it's now a green 'standard' label.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 badkittybad

I second this, got box of each last time and there wasn't a dud beer amongst them.
    https://www.groupon.ie/deals/23-mixed-german-beers-with-beer-glass

Great deal. Got a box of the wheat beers a few months ago. Just ordered another 2 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭littlesthobo

Advice please......

Thanks!!

Oyster bay sauvignon blanc now €10 in supervalu/centra if thats any good to you

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Oyster bay sauvignon blanc now €10 in supervalu/centra if thats any good to you

Sometimes S'VALU give you €10 off 6 bottles, might be on

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

4 cans of Beamish for a fiver in Lidl. Good offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭All in all

Advice please......

Thanks!!

O'Briens have a decent sale at the moment - had Brancott Estate Sauvignon Blanc for €9. They have 2 bottles of prosecco for €20 in a special too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

Tesco do a very nice own brand Cava for only £5. Wrap a napkin around the label and nobody will be any the wiser! ;)

Never seen this in stock ? Cava can be quite expensive in Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭smallgarden

4 cans of Beamish for a fiver in Lidl. Good offer.
    do you know how long is this offer for?

M

Pretty poor week for beer deals, was expecting loads with Electric Picnic on as were available other years.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

do you know how long is this offer for?

Not sure, but should be for the weekend at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭sceach16

Dunnes Portmarnock had 50 cl cans of Durlacher at 4 for 5 euro on Thursday. if you are a regular customer with the 20% off coupon, it works out at 1 euro a can. The weissbier is not as good as Franziskaner or Erdinger but is a good everyday cheapo.

Supervalu Malahide had a 4 for 10E offer today (Fri 2)...Erdinger weissbier and crystal on the shelf ..others illustrated but not visible.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Guinness Foreign Extra is currently €2 in Tesco until Tuesday 6th. Definitely the nicest version of Guinness and well worth stocking up on at that price as it can be pretty hard to find on offer.

Also, Guinness West Indies and Dublin porters are 3 for €7 until the 6th too.

Meanwhile in Lidl, Trouble Brewing Dark Arts Porter remains at €1.99 until the 18th.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

I got a bottle of Trouble Sabotage last week which had a different cap to all the rest (light green as opposed to dark metallic green) and it tasted a bit funky. There was no best before date on the cap. Worth watching out for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

20 bottles of 330ml Heineken 18 euro in centra.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

stimpson wrote: »
    I got a bottle of Trouble Sabotage last week which had a different cap to all the rest (light green as opposed to dark metallic green) and it tasted a bit funky. There was no best before date on the cap. Worth watching out for.
    I have seen the bright green cap in Lidl, interesting that it tastes different

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

Lidl have the 8 for 6 Perlenbacher (ie 8 for €7.29) from Monday yeeeeessss and remember everyone always drink responsibly........ happy days hic!

25% back in ValueClub points on six bottles or more of wine/Champagne in Dunnes from September 6th to 26th.

In combination with the €10 off €50 vouchers, that's a pretty nice deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

et101 wrote: »
    Lidl have the 8 for 6 Perlenbacher (ie 8 for €7.29) from Monday yeeeeessss and remember everyone always drink responsibly........ happy days hic!

was in the Roscommon branch just there and they had none :(

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭earlytobed

Anybody check this out?
    I noticed today the labeling has changed, it's now a green 'standard' label.

I love it.
    At that price you couldn't go wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭sceach16

Quackster wrote: »
    25% back in ValueClub points on six bottles or more of wine/Champagne in Dunnes from September 6th to 26th.

In combination with the €10 off €50 vouchers, that's a pretty nice deal.

Anyone confirm this? Not in Portmarnock on 6 September! :confused:

sceach16 wrote: »
    Anyone confirm this? Not in Portmarnock on 6 September! :confused:

Haven't been in this week myself yet. Just read the offer from the back of the Dunnes leaflet in last Sunday's Sindo.

Edit: Leaflet here.

Actually, just noticed on the front page it says all offers run from 7th to 27th so maybe info on the back page is a typo.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

et101 wrote: »

Is this still around in any of the Dublin Lidls? Somehow missed this post!

M

Is this still around in any of the Dublin Lidls? Somehow missed this post!

It ran all last week, I am not sure if they return unsold stock to a central warehouse or does the price remain the same until all stock sold. Might be in LIDL at some stage today, if I am I will update you.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭eqwjewoiujqorj

Beer Glasses in Lidl from Today.

mRotbeG.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭eqwjewoiujqorj

Some special Perlenbacher Beers in Lidl:

undefined.pngOBgVvuX.png

And 4.9% @ €1.29

aohF7ru.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement