Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,782 ✭✭✭✭L1011

bazz26 wrote: »
    They're 330ml bottles too.

Very rare for that to happen - little difference is quite significant over 20 bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭gobo99

Jack daniels/jameson 70cl are back to €20 in tesco
    24 for24 on guiness cans also from today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

L1011 wrote: »
    Very rare for that to happen - little difference is quite significant over 20 bottles.

Heineken bottles are always 330ml. Only Diageo brands and miller are 300.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭donalh087

Galanti Prosecco in Tesco in Wilton, Cork for €7.99. Seems like very good value. Vivino gives an average of more that £10 in the UK. Add 25%discount for 6 or more bottles and it's just shy of €6 a bottle. Hard to beat that.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Baileys is back to 12 for 700ml in tesco, it was 12 a while ago and went to 15.

It is not marked as an offer, and the 1L is still marked as an offer at 24euro!

They also have the 700ml in boxes, which some might prefer for presents. I would open the box in advance if you want it in good condition since the bottles have security tags and some on the till might open the box roughly.

It has gone to 10euro in previous years but is often sold out at that price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Yeah Super Valu definitely go to €10 the week before christmas..got it at that price the last few years and i presume tescos pricematch them then..might hold out till next week cos have a dunnes voucher i can use in tescos.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 SeamusHollahan

Heineken bottles are always 330ml. Only Diageo brands and miller are 300.

tha'ts not correct, they also sell 355ml bottles of Heineken here..

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

tha'ts not correct, they also sell 355ml bottles of Heineken here..

I really doubt you will see heavily discounted boxes of 20 heineken at 355ml here. I am pretty sure it is only for the "on trade", or at least only intended to be sold by them. Some obscure offie might have it, either Irish or imported stuff from non official distributors, so could be 5%.

Other sizes not really relevant in the "booze deals" thread then 250ml bottles of heineken are also sometimes available in supermarkets here. There are also 650ml bottles (4 for 10 in tesco at the moment).

5% cans can turn up in some offies, and sometimes even supermarkets. A supervalu (once eurospar) near me had 5% scottish market heineken on sale lower than the prices of 4.3% "irish market heinken" sitting right beside it.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,564 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Tesco
    Guinness/Bud 24 for €24
    Heineken 24 for €25

Smirnoff 700ml €17 (€24.28 a litre)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Aldi:

Bushmills 70cl Whiskey €16.99 (Loads in Ballymun store yesterday)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,564 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

SuperValu
    Carlsberg 24x500ml €20
    Guinness/Bud 24x500ml €24

Smirnoff 700ml €17

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

CENTRA:
    24 500mil Guinness for €24

..and many more

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

LIDL

Smirnoff 700ml = 16.99

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭you2008

CB19Kevo wrote: »
    LIDL

Smirnoff 700ml = 16.99

Tesco 2 one L for 40 (40/2000ml *700 =14 euro)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

rubadub wrote: »
    Baileys is back to 12 for 700ml in tesco, it was 12 a while ago and went to 15.

It is not marked as an offer, and the 1L is still marked as an offer at 24euro!

They also have the 700ml in boxes, which some might prefer for presents. I would open the box in advance if you want it in good condition since the bottles have security tags and some on the till might open the box roughly.

It has gone to 10euro in previous years but is often sold out at that price.

throw a half bottle of Hennessy in with it and we have a few nice Christmas movie sittings :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Dunnes Stores:

Tia Maria 70cl bottle was €18 the other night.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Supervalu have an extensive alcohol sale- including a tenner extra off when you buy any 6 bottles of wine........

If I can find someone who sells Dalva- I'll be sorted........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

CB19Kevo wrote: »
    LIDL

Smirnoff 700ml = 16.99

weird, I called in this evening to get this and it was 19.99 (Lidl Athy)
    Got the Bushmills there for 17 alright, and will just get the smirnoff elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭ceekay74

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

I noticed Hennessy 70cl for €24 in Tesco. Relatively cheap for that product.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭DERICKOO

Originally Posted by phobia2011 View Post
    I recently had 2 bottles of chivas regal £20 each, delivered by parcel wizard.
    DERICKOO wrote: »
    Nice one hope it works ordered one as an Xmas present for friend.

Well arrived safely Parcel Motel, triple packaged in metal box in cardboard and in outer box with the usual paper cushion.
    Nice one, i suspect this will end with Amazon after Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 mangan11

Two 20 bottle packs of Budweiser for €25! 40 bottles for €25.

Available in Centra Blackrock in Louth https://www.facebook.com/centrablackrock/photos/a.175337865817973.37398.172442939440799/1366988656652882/?type=3

Not sure if it's available in other Centras?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭lolie

mangan11 wrote: »
    Two 20 bottle packs of Budweiser for €25! 40 bottles for €25.

Available in Centra Blackrock in Louth https://www.facebook.com/centrablackrock/photos/a.175337865817973.37398.172442939440799/1366988656652882/?type=3

Not sure if it's available in other Centras?

Supervalu have the offer ongoing since last week.
    I used a €5 voucher my sister didn't use that almost expired to get two for €20.
    Also they have 2 x 20 300ml Carlsberg for €25.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

lolie wrote: »
    Supervalu have the offer ongoing since last week.
    I used a €5 voucher my sister didn't use that almost expired to get two for €20.
    Also they have 2 x 20 300ml Carlsberg for €25.

Also have Carlsberg 24x500ml for €20 (was €40) down from €25 a few weeks ago, offer was up last Wed, but no doubt continued on until Xmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭hudhastings

Carlsberg hangovers are the worst apart from bud/heinegen they are a pure sleepy cannot do anything but lay around bang. Tyski is a great beer that is sold in many shops, the cheapest drink that in any big shop the hangover or the tiredness will not happen after. Good strong beer but some lasts longer no ****e sleepy carlsberg or ratts heinigen Irish feeling. I lived in holland the heinegan is different there no 4.9 percent no hasey feeling next day in fact barley any hang over,
    Well at the end what I will say is stay away from Irish Heinegan/bud garbage/carlsberg piss a bunch of rats that sell in laughing at home abroad in <Holland, Norway> while we get cheap rejects piss. Tyski import is a good beer drink less needed which is good, thyski is 5.4 and telling the truth Merry Xmas from the people of Thryski Ltd.

Na just hate irish made beer and thr one cheap import thats good is Tyski cheapist at supermarket ranging at 1.60/1.195 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

Carlsberg hangovers are the worst apart from bud/heinegen they are a pure sleepy cannot do anything but lay around bang. Tyski is a great beer that is sold in many shops, the cheapest drink that in any big shop the hangover or the tiredness will not happen after. Good strong beer but some lasts longer no ****e sleepy carlsberg or ratts heinigen Irish feeling. I lived in holland the heinegan is different there no 4.9 percent no hasey feeling next day in fact barley any hang over,
    Well at the end what I will say is stay away from Irish Heinegan/bud garbage/carlsberg piss a bunch of rats that sell in laughing at home abroad in <Holland, Norway> while we get cheap rejects piss. Tyski import is a good beer drink less needed which is good, thyski is 5.4 and telling the truth Merry Xmas from the people of Thryski Ltd.

Na just hate irish made beer and thr one cheap import thats good is Tyski cheapist at supermarket ranging at 1.60/1.195 euro.

I'll bet that you will have a serious hangover yourself in the morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Other forums for discussing hangovers, stick to the bargains please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Johnnie walker black £16.99 on Amazon 70cl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

phobia2011 wrote: »

Showing as £20 and of course there's no guaranteed way of getting it posted to the Republic of Ireland.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement