Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Supervalu have an extensive alcohol sale- including a tenner extra off when you buy any 6 bottles of wine........

If I can find someone who sells Dalva- I'll be sorted........

They had a good offer in Supervalu in Derry last w/end as Smirnoff 70cl was £10 :eek:
    How much is it in Supervalu here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

For those who drink Brewdog Craft beer, which is about €3 a 330ml bottle, Sainsburys up north have 660ml bottles for £3.

Gonna buy in bulk uo there in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,564 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

They had a good offer in Supervalu in Derry last w/end as Smirnoff 70cl was £10 :eek:
    How much is it in Supervalu here?

€17.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Prob already been mentioned but 4 for €10 on selected beers in Tesco is decent, Dunnes do broadly a similar range 4 for €9 but not as frequently as they used to

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Bazsutto

Dunnes where selling Hop house 13 500ml for €2.25 last week. Not sure if it still at this price. Cheapest I've seen. (Lidl - €2.50/ Tesco/SuperValu - 4 for €10)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Mr. Tickle

Lidl Today only (as part of 12 days of Christmas) Guinness and Budweiser 24 cans for 20 Euro

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Mr. Tickle wrote: »
    Lidl Today only (as part of 12 days of Christmas) Guinness and Budweiser 24 cans for 20 Euro

A steal. 3 per customer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭henke

Has anyone seen a 70cl Smirnoff for anywhere better than €17 and has anyone seen any good prices on a litre bottle anywhere? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 SeamusHollahan

Asda selling for 11.70 euro for 70cl and 19.90 for litre bottle. was there on way back up from Donegal yesterday and cleaned up!!

https://groceries.asda.com/product/vodka/smirnoff-premium-vodka/36592

• Registered Users Posts: 46,091 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Asda selling for 11.70 euro for 70cl and 19.90 for litre bottle. was there on way back up from Donegal yesterday and cleaned up!!

https://groceries.asda.com/product/vodka/smirnoff-premium-vodka/36592
    Better off buying the 70cl bottles at those prices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

Quackster wrote: »
    Showing as £20 and of course there's no guaranteed way of getting it posted to the Republic of Ireland.

Parcel motel has been shipping my Amazon whiskeys without problem... Well maybe a little slower than normal, but they are arriving.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Anbody know if beer deals in Dunnes? slab of guinness etc? I have the vouchers too:D. missed out on the Lidl offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 bm 83

Lidl enniscorthy today got 2 x 12 500ml cans of Heineken for €24. So a euro per can. 16 or 17 euro normally for the 12 pack

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Logo

jaffa20 wrote: »
    Anbody know if beer deals in Dunnes? slab of guinness etc? I have the vouchers too:D. missed out on the Lidl offer.

Same here. Was planning to use the voucher but slabs of Heineken are €28 in Dunnes compared to €24 in Tesco. Anyone know if Dunnes reduce the slabs of Heineken any further before Christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,782 ✭✭✭✭L1011

pa990 wrote: »
    Parcel motel has been shipping my Amazon whiskeys without problem... Well maybe a little slower than normal, but they are arriving.

Parcel Motel rules exclude alcohol, and that's before Revenue come in to it. Don't expect it to last forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,854 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

There was a 4 for 5 euro deal on 4.8% Stella 500mL cans in Dunnes last weekend, which I believe is ongoing but stocks may be limited. That's cheaper than both the local offies which are doing either 6 or 7 cans for a tenner.

Dunnes also do a 6-pack 500mL Stella for 9 euro deal (1.50 each) which isn't as good as the 4 for 5 euro on individual cans, last weekend there were loads of these but limited stocks of the individual cans. It'd be an awful shame if some of those 1.50 each multipack cans were to fall out of their cardboard packaging and scan at 4 for 5 euro... :)

Shame they don't just bite the bullet and cut out the inconvenience for both their customers and staff and do Stella slabs at the above price.

Meantime they're flogging slabs of recycled kidney juice Coors Light at 30 euro, Tesco is 6 euro cheaper...

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Meantime they're flogging slabs of recycled kidney juice Coors...
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Sono

L1011 wrote: »
    Parcel Motel rules exclude alcohol, and that's before Revenue come in to it. Don't expect it to last forever.

They also don't accept perfume but I have never had any issue. Pretty sure they never check the parcels

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Sono wrote: »
    They also don't accept perfume but I have never had any issue. Pretty sure they never check the parcels

1st rule for getting prohibited items delivered to you: post about it on boards.ie :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Sono

degsie wrote: »
    1st rule for getting prohibited items delivered to you: post about it on boards.ie :cool:

I don't order enough of it for it to bother me.

• Advertisement
    M

Back to booze bargains please, if you want to talk about ordering methods start another thread elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

FYI, received letter in post today, JW black seized section 141 of finance act,
    Used parcel wizard which I have used before without problems.:(

Is it just a lesson learned??

• Registered Users Posts: 46,091 ✭✭✭✭muffler

phobia2011 wrote: »
    FYI, received letter in post today, JW black seized section 141 of finance act,
    Used parcel wizard which I have used before without problems.:(

Is it just a lesson learned??
    Yup! It's going to be a dry Xmas :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

muffler wrote: »
    Yup! It's going to be a dry Xmas :pac:

Not for the folks in Customs & Excise though. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

L1011 wrote: »

I only order at xmas, when I know they will be up the walls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Some posts here referring to beer slabs 24 x 500ml for €20, best I've seen is €24 though. Anyone see these offers anywhere today?

M

comet wrote: »
    Some posts here referring to beer slabs 24 x 500ml for €20, best I've seen is €24 though. Anyone see these offers anywhere today?

Yesterday LIDL were doing Guinness and Bud for €20, best I know of now is €24 in Tesco, Supervalu and I think possibly Dunnes too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Afaik it was just guinness and Budweiser in LIDL for one day yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

vicwatson wrote: »
    Afaik it was just guinness and Budweiser in LIDL for one day yesterday

Ok thanks! I noticed that was mentioned but when I went to my local Lidl yesterday there was no mention of that offer. Ok €24 euro it is!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭140490

Ok thanks! I noticed that was mentioned but when I went to my local Lidl yesterday there was no mention of that offer. Ok €24 euro it is!

Lidl in Ranelagh still have the deal for €20 this evening , lots in stock also, not sure if its open tomorrow

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement