Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭onform

In Carryout off licence in Tyrrelstown, box of 12 Brehon Blonde or Killanny Red for €12 each. Best before Jan 2017.

Not sure if on offer in any other Carryout outlets

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

onform wrote: »
    In Carryout off licence in Tyrrelstown, box of 12 Brehon Blonde or Killanny Red for €12 each. Best before Jan 2017.

Not sure if on offer in any other Carryout outlets

Will make a trip over tomorrow. Was thinking of going over anyway tbh. Great offi that I don't get to as often as I'd like.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭ablelocks

some supervalu and centra stores still have slabs of Guinness/Bud/Carlsberg for €24 - I assume it's while stocks last...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Anyone know when the next Lidless Polish Week is? My stash of Argus Strong is starting to run a little low :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Dark arts porter is 1.59 in lidl along with summer sizzler for 1.49

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Was just in Lidl in Finglas and Dark arts was €2.99 per bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Monkeynut

ablelocks wrote: »
    some supervalu and centra stores still have slabs of Guinness/Bud/Carlsberg for €24 - I assume it's while stocks last...

Centra Fairview had a few slabs of Heineken for €28.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

john4321 wrote: »
    Got them today in my Cork Lidl, proper shelf label and grand date so assumed it was a normal Lidl offer. Strange

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

TheDriver wrote: »
    Dark arts porter is 1.59 in lidl along with summer sizzler for 1.49

That's not a bad price for dark arts porter at all

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

john4321 wrote: »

Did you actually check the price at the till? Lidl stores have a habit of sometimes not having all the offer prices on display at the shelves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

TheDriver wrote: »
    Got them today in my Cork Lidl, proper shelf label and grand date so assumed it was a normal Lidl offer. Strange

Might only be in cork like. Seen it happen before.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Quackster wrote: »
    Did you actually check the price at the till? Lidl stores have a habit of sometimes not having all the offer prices on display at the shelves.

Yes I paid 12 euro for 4 bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Pocaide

Slabs of Guinness are €28 in Tesco's at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

Pocaide wrote: »

Some super valus still have the Guinness slabs for 24, plenty in Roscommon.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Pocaide wrote: »

Any slabs of coors going a cheapy? i.e less than Tesco and their 6 for €9.00 "offer" or 24 for €36.00

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

vicwatson wrote: »
    Any slabs of coors going a cheapy? i.e less than Tesco and their 6 for €9.00 "offer" or 24 for €36.00

Not sure where you are but if your close to glanmire there are plenty slabs from christmas still on sale

Coors,bud,hein,carlsburg,carling. all still for sale at the xmas prices.

gustafo wrote: »
    Not sure where you are but if your close to glanmire there are plenty slabs from christmas still on sale

Coors,bud,hein,carlsburg,carling. all still for sale at the xmas prices.

Tesco Glanmire right? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

vicwatson wrote: »
    Tesco Glanmire right? Thanks

supervalu

squadro wrote: »
    I thought perlenbacher was drinkable a few years back but it seems to have turned into woeful cowpiss since.

seems to be drinkable again. they changed the source from one in Germany to one in France and the French version was muck. now the bottles (or check to be sure as may vary) say brewed in Germany again and it's pretty good. The 500ml bottles going for 8 for 7.29 at the moment are brewed in Germany anyways and are not bad at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Ya I never had the brown bottles but find the green bottles very nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,564 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Tesco
    Budweiser/Miller 20x300ml €17
    Smirnoff 70cl €20

SuperValu
    Corona 12x355ml €16
    Heineken 20x330ml €20
    Smirnoff 70cl €20

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭bigwillie

Bulmer's strawberry and lime. Cloudy lemon and summer fruit bottles for €1.50 each in Dunnes Clondalkin, best before feb 2017.

Jofspring wrote: »
    Ya I never had the brown bottles but find the green bottles very nice.

the colour is not an indication anymore - where it's brewed has alternated between Germany and France wrt the green bottles.

glasso wrote: »
    the colour is not an indication anymore - where it's brewed has alternated between Germany and France wrt the green bottles.

The other half bought me that in cans the other day, they tasted horrible, but I love the taste of the green bottles usually don't buy the 6 pack but always buy the 8 pack when they have them in. You can't go wrong for €7.29

Guinness slabs in Tesco are €28

Also noticed 8 cans of Bulmers (nearly always €13) are now €17.49 in Tesco Roscommon, they are on the shelf there, right beside the boxes of Bulmers with 12 cans in them for €17, They never cease to amaze me in that store.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Also noticed 8 cans of Bulmers (nearly always €13) are now €17.49 in Tesco Roscommon, they are on the shelf there, right beside the boxes of Bulmers with 12 cans in them for €17, They never cease to amaze me in that store.

the BBE dates on the 12 can pack are perhaps coming up soon and they just want to shift them, might be a possibility?

the BBE dates on the 12 can pack are perhaps coming up soon and they just want to shift them, might be a possibility?

Never thought of that, just checked them and they are 10/17 and 11/17

• Registered Users Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Guinness slabs in Tesco are €28

Just noticed Heineken 20 bottle box in Tesco for €26.99, I don't think I've ever seen them at that price. I went for the Carlsberg at €17 instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,564 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Just noticed Heineken 20 bottle box in Tesco for €26.99, I don't think I've ever seen them at that price. I went for the Carlsberg at €17 instead.

Yes crazy price for Heineken, same box is €20 in SuperValu at the moment.

And €22 in centra

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Slab of Carling (4%) 24 for €24 in O'Briens Dun Laoghaire. Presume nationwide.

On a related note, sadly the €1 / Tenants can deal in O'Briens is gone, with Carling now the only €1 / 1 deal left. Not really sure how to feel about that, personally I'd always have said Tenants has a slight edge on Carling taste-wise, in budget beer terms...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement