Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,564 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Tesco (Yes I know there's a strike on in some branches)
    Heineken/Coors 24x500ml €25
    Absolut 1 litre €25

It's not online, was in todays Herald, finishes up end of day tomorrow.

This is actually running until Sunday, it's up online now too.

Bacardi/Famous Grouss 1 litre €25 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

This is actually running until Sunday, it's up online now too.

Bacardi/Famous Grouss 1 litre €25 too.

Yes 26th. Watch for dates as a lot of the slabs BB End April !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

vicwatson wrote: »
    Yes 26th. Watch for dates as a lot of the slabs BB End April !

Like they'll last till April.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Don't know if anyone drinks Cullens cider from ALDI, I tried it there (first time) the other day was nice and tasty for cheap cider, Have to say I was surprised, so surprised in fact that I drank the slab in 3 days and just went in and bought another. It's the red cans 5.3% €24.99 for a slab, that's €1.04 a can, yummy.

YOURE GOING TO GET DIABETES

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

D Trent wrote: »

Be that as it may, I think that's outside the scope of this thread!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭SoapMcTavish

You're going to get Carpal Tunnel Syndrome .....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

Thank you for your concern.
    Quackster wrote: »
    Be that as it may, I think that's outside the scope of this thread!

Thank you for your efforts to keep the thread on topic.

oh and there were at least 12 slabs left in Roscommon ALDI yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭NinetyForNone

Smithwicks cans are €1.18 in Tesco Lucan.
    This is any other stores?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭banchang

As a seasoned drinker of Tesco Frizzante, if you pour into a proper champagne glass and essentially pour VERY slowly while keeping the glass at an almost horizontal tilt at first, it becomes incredibly bubbly.

Will post a video if anyone doesn't believe me :pac:

I don't beleeeeve it !

Video please.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Think I heard that spar has 20 bottles of coors or heino for €18 ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,854 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Litre of Paddy for €30 offer is back in Dunnes.

2 litres for €25 each if you have a tenner off voucher, you pay €50 plus the voucher and get a new voucher back... Irish duty paid that's the best offer you're ever going to get.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

M

Litre of Paddy for €30 offer is back in Dunnes.

2 litres for €25 each if you have a tenner off voucher, you pay €50 plus the voucher and get a new voucher back... Irish duty paid that's the best offer you're ever going to get.

Do you need the clubcard/valuecard/card to get the vouchers?

Yeah if you have the Dunnes card and you spend a multiple of €50 you will get a voucher for €10 off the next time, most groceries are included as well as drink :)

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

M

Yeah if you have the Dunnes card and you spend a multiple of €50 you will get a voucher for €10 off the next time, most groceries are included as well as drink :)

Sound, hopefully can get some dummy startup card on the spot.

When you're gaming the system to that extent, the sour puss on yer wan on the till is payback in itself :pac:

Sound, hopefully can get some dummy startup card on the spot.

You don't even need a ValueClub card to use these Shop & Save vouchers.

If you're not a Dunnes shopper, the best option is to 'borrow' a voucher from a family-member, friend, neighbour or complete randomer who shops in Dunnes, returning back to them the new voucher you get with your receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

Murphy's Stout 500ml cans only €1.20 in Tesco Roscommon Dunno about other Tesco's

M

Tesco
    Dutch Gold :pac: 8x500ml €8
    Carling 12x440ml €12
    Molson 12x500ml €14
    Corona 12x355ml €16
    Peroni 12x330ml €16
    Heineken/Coors 20x330ml bottles €18
    Budweiser/Miller 20x300ml bottles €16

No sign of the usual Paddy's Day regular of €24/€25 crates yet, probably see them next week, I could do with some Guinness for the day that's in it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭sceach16

"No sign of the usual Paddy's Day regular of €24/€25 crates yet, probably see them next week, I could do with some Guinness for the day that's in it biggrin.png"

Dunnes are doing matchday (rugby) specials which means this Friday 10 and Saturday 18. Don't know what will be included...just saw poster instore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,490 ✭✭✭Masala

Tesco
    Dutch Gold :pac: 8x500ml €8
    Carling 12x440ml €12
    Molson 12x500ml €14
    Corona 12x355ml €16
    Peroni 12x330ml €16
    Heineken/Coors 20x330ml bottles €18
    Budweiser/Miller 20x300ml bottles €16

No sign of the usual Paddy's Day regular of €24/€25 crates yet, probably see them next week, I could do with some Guinness for the day that's in it :D

Why is Peroni so expensive???? Getting 8 extra bottles of Heinken for €2 - so a no-brainer for me..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Masala wrote: »
    Why is Peroni so expensive????
    It is usually not amongst those others. A few months back it was 18 for €20 and people were making remarks about it -i.e. it was surprisingly cheap.

it is 5.1% so more ingredients and duty on it. 12 peroni is equivalent to 14.2 bottles of heineken if it was diluted down -Heineken is said to be brewed to a higher % and diluted down to 4.3%.

The real puzzler for me is beamish, often the cheapest pint in a pub. It is currently on offer in tesco, 4x500ml cans for €7

Murphy's Stout 500ml cans only €1.20 in Tesco Roscommon Dunno about other Tesco's

Probably delisted in that particular store. Tesco seems to be currently in the process of delisting various beers in individual stores (that presumably aren't shifting in these specific stores) and these beers have been reduced to half-price. You'll know something's been delisted by the asterisk after its name on the SEL and/or your receipt.

I saw Smithwicks 500ml cans @ €1.18 in one store this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

I saw Smithwicks 500ml cans @ €1.18 in one store this week.

All you needed was an offer on Harp and it would really be back to the 80's! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Dunnes have the 500ml McGargles beers included in their 4 bottles for €10. Including Francis’ Big Bangin’ IPA which is a nice 7.1%! :eek: Usually sells at €3.50 each.

Factor in the tenner off €50 spend and it works out €2 a bottle.

McGargles Beers

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭rahern

Tesco douglas 24 cans of carlsberg for €17.50 a few slabs on ground at end of isle

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Smithwicks cans marked 1.19 each or 6 for 11 euro, work that out for a bargain! Pricing error there. Tesco extra Drogheda.

andrew1977 wrote: »
    Smithwicks cans marked 1.19 each or 6 for 11 euro, work that out for a bargain! Pricing error there. Tesco extra Drogheda.

Not a pricing error, those Smithwicks cans have been delisted in that store (and possibly all Tesco stores) and are half-price to clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Not a pricing error, those Smithwicks cans have been delisted in that store (and possibly all Tesco stores) and are half-price to clear.

Advertising error so, somebody not good on the calculator working at Tesco. 6 cans at 1.19 per can certainly doesn't come to 11 euro .

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭whiz

Hi Guys,

Has anybody seen any price specials on Koppaberg Cider Mixed Fruit or is there similar tasting ciders out there with a cheaper price ?

Any responses appreciated

• Advertisement
    M

whiz wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Has anybody seen any price specials on Koppaberg Cider Mixed Fruit or is there similar tasting ciders out there with a cheaper price ?

Any responses appreciated

4x500ml cans for €10 in Tesco.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement