Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Go in to e.g. whiskey and then click on 'special offers' and you'll see only the reduced items.
    thanks! I wouldn't mind but I had seen that recently, think I even posted about it! but forgot all about it.

I still could not see it this time either. You have to click on "refine your search" which is at the top of the list of products. Then you see the tick box to show only special offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Londis have 24 x 330ml bottles of Estrella Galicia for €16, works out at €2/litre

Did you see an end date on this offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

bazwaldo wrote: »
    Picked up a few packs of O'Haras IPA 4 x 330ml reduced to 4.20. In Tesco Artane Castle. Could be nationwide.
    Must be store specific, my local is 2.sonething a can or 4 for 10

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

bazwaldo wrote: »
    Picked up a few packs of O'Haras IPA 4 x 330ml reduced to 4.20. In Tesco Artane Castle. Could be nationwide.
    TheDriver wrote: »
    Must be store specific, my local is 2.sonething a can or 4 for 10

Ballybrack has these available too. 4x 330ml bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭highwaymaniac

Did you see an end date on this offer?
    16th August or while stocks last so may be still available.

• Advertisement

Ballybrack has these available too. 4x 330ml bottle.

I was looking at cans, no bottle in my local

• Registered Users Posts: 82,566 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Tesco
    Grolsch/Molson any 24x500ml for €26
    Budweiser/Carlsberg any 24x500ml for €28
    Heineken/Coors/Bulmers any 24x500ml for €30
    Smirnoff 700ml €18

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Tesco
    Grolsch/Molson any 24x500ml for €26
    Budweiser/Carlsberg any 24x500ml for €28
    Heineken/Coors/Bulmers any 24x500ml for €30
    Smirnoff 700ml €18

Guinness?

M

casio4 wrote: »
    Guinness?

Sadly no unless there's some deal instore but I doubt it. If you can hold out I'd say with Electric Picnic in 3 weeks I'd expect near €24 a crate then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=294530717

McGargles 12 sampler pack (2 of each), priced and scanning at 5 euro per box in Tesco Clearwater.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

IMG_0765.JPG

IMG_0766.JPG

IMG_0767.JPG

IMG_0768.JPG

Saw these offers in Dunnes, Sligo yesterday

Sorry, but hope you can see these attachments.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

Was also in Supervalu, Ballisodare, Sligo and spotted this offer for 8 500Ml cans (5%) for €10.

If you are a club card member you should have received some money off vouchers lately.

So you could buy five packs for €50, use your vouchers (€12 off €50 spend) and get your 40 cans for €38

Yellow Dog wrote: »
    IMG_0765.JPG

IMG_0766.JPG

IMG_0767.JPG

IMG_0768.JPG

Saw these offers in Dunnes, Sligo yesterday

Sorry, but hope you can see these attachments.

That's the usual price for most of those

M

Yellow Dog wrote: »
    Was also in Supervalu, Ballisodare, Sligo and spotted this offer for 8 500Ml cans (5%) for €10.

If you are a club card member you should have received some money off vouchers lately.

So you could buy five packs for €50, use your vouchers (€12 off €50 spend) and get your 40 cans for €38

That Karpackie stuff is dangerous, had it once, it goes down so so easy and then it's a case of goodnight Irene and the next day you are truly banjaxed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,860 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

TheDriver wrote: »
    That's the usual price for most of those

And none of them are worth that.

Karpackie is just nasty, there are much better Polish/Czech/etc beers available for very little extra.

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

XXL Perlenbacher 7.39 for 8 back Mon 28th Aug

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭mjv2ydratu679c

vicwatson wrote: »
    XXL Perlenbacher 7.39 for 8 back Mon 28th Aug

Great where did you find that out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭amber2

My local Lidl doing 24 cans of Guinness for €26 not too sure if it's nationwide offer or store specific. The Xxl perlenbacher on the brochure available from Monday 28th.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Dunnes also currently doing five 50cl Staropramen for a tenner which is much better value than HH13 for €1.90 IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Negative_G

4 x 660ml Peroni for €10 in Tesco.

Won't get much better than that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Quackster wrote: »
    Dunnes also currently doing five 50cl Staropramen for a tenner which is much better value than HH13 for €1.90 IMO.
    Ah, that sounds like a good deal on Staropramen! Haven't tasted that nectar in ages!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Great where did you find that out?

In the instore mag picked up today

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Lidl Waterford have 12 x 500ml Carlsberg, 2 for €26

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

If anyone is going up North over the next few days- Sainsburys have 25% off 6 or more bottles of wine.
    Their own brand 'Taste the Difference' range- which covers the whole gamut of wine regions etc- is top notch- my personal favourite is their Chablis @ £11 a bottle. If you'd like something drinkable- but a lot cheaper- 'I heart Pinot Grigio' is £4 a bottle. No customer quotas apply.
    Over valid until the 29th August (incl.)

Ps- you can pay in Euro instore @ 88p (Armagh- I assume Newry or Sprucefield are the same).
    Best store for selection and availability up North- is Sprucefield (Lisburn).
    Have a look in the spirits section while you're there- they often have interesting offers on Scotch- got a bottle of 15 year old Glenfiddich for £30- and a couple of trays of Fentimans Cherry Cola @ £1 a bottle.

M

amber2 wrote: »
    My local Lidl doing 24 cans of Guinness for €26 not too sure if it's nationwide offer or store specific. The Xxl perlenbacher on the brochure available from Monday 28th.
    danjo-xx wrote: »
    Lidl Waterford have 12 x 500ml Carlsberg, 2 for €26

Yes spotted an ad in todays Independent Lidl doing 12 x 500ml packs of Guinness and/or Carlsberg 2 for €26.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Yes spotted an ad in todays Independent Lidl doing 12 x 500ml packs of Guinness and/or Carlsberg 2 for €26.
    That offer is meant to be on until Wednesday I went to Greystones Lidl just now to get 2 x 12 Guinness the price said 2 for €26 when I got to checkout was told offer ended yesterday after a lot of hoo haa I got it for offer price but staff were not happy and they got the manager to deal with me he wasn't too happy either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

casio4 wrote: »
    That offer is meant to be on until Wednesday I went to Greystones Lidl just now to get 2 x 12 Guinness the price said 2 for €26 when I got to checkout was told offer ended yesterday after a lot of hoo haa I got it for offer price but staff were not happy and they got the manager to deal with me he wasn't too happy either

Was that the price on display? Then that's the price you pay as far as I am concerned!

Whats the deals this week? Looking to get some good bulk buying in...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,986 ✭✭✭cletus

TallGlass wrote: »
    Was that the price on display? Then that's the price you pay as far as I am concerned!

Whats the deals this week? Looking to get some good bulk buying in...

Not how it works though, the price is an invitation to treat

cletus wrote: »
    Not how it works though, the price is an invitation to treat

You do realise you've just said that in the BA forum? It's how it works around here!

• Advertisement

Negative_G wrote: »
    4 x 660ml Peroni for €10 in Tesco.

Won't get much better than that.

3 for 9€ in Centra for anyone interested.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement