Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NDLS lost my Certificate of competency and blamed it on me.

Options
  • 13-03-2014 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

I am so angry and pissed off right now. I got a letter from the NDLS to say my application for my drivers license can not be processed as i did not include my Certificate of competency in the application. They have asked me to please post it to them. Of course the office is closed so i can't phone them to tell them to f**k off.

Now , I'm 100% certain that this precious document was included with my application. I would be pretty stupid to have forgotten it, it was so precious to me i took a photo of it :).

Also the agent who i sat down with in the NDLS office in Leopardstown at 9am that day, would have to be still asleep to not have noticed the cert in bunch of documents. Like it is the most important document of the lot. I remember vividly her making scanned copies of everything.

I can understand mistakes happen, I just don't understand how they think it's acceptable to send me a letter and place the blame on me.:(

To be continued...
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tom_murphy112

Just out of curiosity.. any update on this drama ? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Moyet

No update really, I'm still driving around with a NDLS receipt.

I've been on the phone to the NDLS twice since the above post. They've been sympathetic enough to believe me when i said i did hand over my "Certificate of competency" when i applied . They requested Leopardstown re-scan my original application documents , i was told it would take 2 working days to hear back. But I'm been waiting longer then that.

My learners permit (that they took off me) expired already, so i'm completely breaking the law right now .

The last person i spoke to said that they might just contact the RSA and verify that i passed my driving test. It's a bit of joke they could not have done this the moment they noticed the document was missing from the scanned images.

Words fail me really , but at least NDLS are taking responsibilty for this mishap. All i have to do is wait and wait and wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Sheldons Brain

As they scan the documents they should hand you back a printout or send them in an email.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Moyet

Update: the NDLS found my cert , they confirmed this on April 1st (yes i know that date is not good). I was told that i would have my license with 10 working days.

It's now more then 10 working days and i still haven't received anything , i phoned them to get an update . They told me it's still being processed and i was not given any indication of when i will get my drivers licence. Just that there was some activity recently.

I applied for my License on Feb 18th , and i don't know when i will get my License.

I have logged an official complaint with them , as it appears my case wasn't serious enough for them until my 5th phone call to them.

NDLS is an absolute disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tom_murphy112

Interesting.. My friend applied for his second full license start of last week and received it on Tuesday (about 8 days in total)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭d1234

It took them 12 weeks to send me my provisional - all over an eyetest which was clearly their fault!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Maebuh

Just wanted to add in my own experience to this.

I applied to exchange a foreign license for an Irish one and, after three months of waiting, received an email from the NDLS telling me that I never provided them with the foreign license to exchange. I knew that I had provided it as the staff member who collected my documents from me in the Kilkenny branch was excellent and checked everything several times before sealing the envelope to be sent off.

So, I gave the customer support centre a ring and the guy I spoke to was very good and professional. He checked my account and said the note on it said that they needed a translation of the license. Putting aside for a moment the fact that they didn't specify this in the email they sent me (only telling me I had failed to provide them with any license at all), I actually had also enclosed an official translation with my documents. It was an international driving permit which explains the entitlements of my license in ten languages. I'm guessing someone didn't bother finding the English language page. Anyway, the staff member I was speaking to checked my documents and confirmed that everything I gave them was sufficient and he reopened my application.

Thankfully the NDLS staff in the local branch and in the call centre were both highly competent but there is clearly something amiss in the processing office. They should be able to recognise an international driving permit. Also, they clearly lied that I hadn't provided them with the license as they had it all along. Now it's going to take another 2 to 3 months for the license to be processed, making it 5 to 6 months in total.

Sort it out, NDLS!

Advertisement