Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying advice - gaming on a budget

Options
  • 13-03-2014 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

First of all, apologies if this is in the wrong place, but I looked at the FAQ and didn't see anywhere better to post it...please move/delete if it is not appropriate.

Anyway, I'm looking for a decent gaming platform for as close to €500 as possible (a good one is clearly impossible at that price). Something that can be upgraded as needed, but with a decent graphics card and motherboard, ideally.

So could anyone point to something respectable from Hardwareversand or Amazon in that price range? I haven't bought a PC for years and I'm totally out of touch with the technology now (aside from a vague notion that AMD have fallen way behind Intel in terms of power and efficiency).

I'd put the research in myself but I've just had a baby (the computer will be used to process and organise the photos and videos) so time is something I just don't have any more.

A couple of things to note:

- I have an OS already (Windows 8 64 bit :()
    - I only need the computer, I already have a decent monitor, mouse and keyboard
    - I'm not really in a position to build myself (baby)

Thanks! And, once again, apologies if this is not in the right place. :)

Advertisement