Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Pyramid Scheme

Options
  • 13-03-2014 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi,

I didn't really know where to put this but here seems as good a place as any.

I was sitting in a hotel lobby today in Mayo when I overheard 3 men talking. They were all in their late 50's/60's. One was doing most of the talking and he was trying to sell the other two gentlemen 'packages' of online advertising. The seller quoted prices for advertising on Facebook, Google, Amazon and a host of other huge online companies as if to validate the amounts of money that he was promising could be earned.

Straight away alarm bells started ringing in my head. I listened intently after I heard 'packages of online advertising', but a company name wasn't mentioned at any stage. It was said that the company was registered in Belize (of all places!) but it's physical home was in Miami, FL.

I flirted with the idea of getting involved with the Banners Broker scheme a few years back and a quick google search will show everyone what happened there. I fear this is the same. I have a huge distaste for schemes such as these that bring in vulnerable people who have no idea what it is they are getting into.

Anyway, I went over to the gentlemen as I was leaving and advised them to compare the Banners Broker story with what they were being sold today. I hope they at least investigate what they are getting themselves in to.

If anyone you know has been approached to join a scheme that is similar to the one that I have outlined above please advise them to be very careful.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

I really don't understand how this is a possible pyramid scheme.
    he was trying to sell the other two gentlemen 'packages' of online advertising. The seller quoted prices for advertising on Facebook, Google, Amazon and a host of other huge online companies
    the company was registered in Belize but it's physical home was in Miami, FL.

From what I can see here, this is a business related to online advertising using an offshore company to minimise their tax bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

Just search for Banners Brokers on the Investment forum and your eyes will be opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 PyramidUp

You took the words out of my mouth cml387, it was the exact same product packaged with different labels

Advertisement