Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jacks study log

• 13-03-2014 9:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭

I'm going to try and make this study log for the remainder of the LC!

I promise to update it every day :)

Today I did the following:
      Learnt a considerable amount of information about the Weimar republic.
        Did the final accounts of a company in Accounting.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Day 2:

Geography:
        I revised the impact the expansion of the EU has had on Ireland.
        The development of waterfalls
        Overpopulation in the Sahel
        Impact of earthquakes

Maths:
        Complex Numbers

Ag Science:
        I revised dairy, beef and grassland management.

Accounting:
        I hope to do a final accounts of a company later.

Today was one of my most unproductive days since Christmas. I am so disappointed with what I got done and I know the rest of the weekend will also be a write off! But sure isn't pressure just for tires! :P

So here is what I actually accomplished today!

1. I did another final accounts of a company (I still can't do them independantly without the marking scheme)

2. I did more complex numbers and an hour of maths grinds.

3. I did alot of history that I feel isn't going to be of much benefit because I am so bad at history overall!

4. I am going to read over my Ag Science notes for Beef, Dairy and Sheep before I go to sleep later.

Tomorrow I am going to get up early and try and do as much work on history as I can and then go out, So basically I won't be doing much work after tomorrow morning until Tuesday! I feel so guilty over this :eek:

Next weekend I am going to try and make up for missing so much time :)

Okay so my work for today has finished.

All I got done was a bit of History. I'm fairly disappointed but I didn't expect to get much more than that done today anyways.

I am going to try and cover a good bit of stuff tomorrow but for now I'm stopping. Tuesday on wards will definitely be back to my normal routine :o

Finally back to the books after my highly unproductive weekend! :pac:

I got a good bit done today so far but I think its gonna be a late one tonight! I have a test tomorrow and right now only know like 50% of what I should!

Anyways here's what I managed to get done so far!

Maths - Complex numbers (multiplying) I'm kind of annoyed by how little I got done in maths in an hour. I spent nearly half an hour doing the same one repeatedly until it worked out!

Ag Science - I revised half of my notes on Pigs! I would of liked to have got a bit more done but I should finish it by the end of the week!

Accounting - I finally learnt the ratios for Interpretation of Accounts and a lot of the definitions! I really should of done this earlier but at least its done now!

I'm going to do more accounting tonight! I really want/need an A1 in Accounting!

I have so much stuff to do today it is ridiculous :confused:

Here is what I have accomplished:

History I have revised rise of the Nazi's - History is by far my worst subject!

Geography - I learnt Cultural Regions - Belgium/Netherlands

Maths - Complex Numbers - Conjugate and division

Ag Science - I did more on Pigs

Geography - I have a sketch map drawn!

History - Half an essay!

And here is what I still have to accomplish before school tomorrow

English - Another page of a General Vision and Viewpoint essay

Ag Science - I have a lot of exam questions for homework that is due tomorrow!

Wish me luck! It's going to be a long night! I hope this pays off in the end.

Update

I'm wrecked tired! I got around half of the questions in Ag done and I'm not going to finish them tonight! And the English isn't done yet either, I'm going to try and get up early to do it but if not the teacher will just have to wait for it haha! I hate not getting things fully done it makes me feel like I'm going to fail that subject for not getting this nights homework done haha!

• Advertisement

Hi :)

My study today was alright, I'd give it a 7/10!

Maths - Complex numbers (the next three exercises) Spent about an hour at it

Ag Science - I learned a lot about the digestive system.

Geography - I re-read what I did over the last few weeks.

By any chance does anyone reading this know if I am doing enough? I want 350 points to be safe! The maximum points I can get is 480! :( I think if i keep at it I can get an A1 in my two ordinary level subjects!

Hi :D

I got a fair bit done today so not too disappointed.

Ag Science - Finished revising the digestive system! I now know it completely so hoping it will come up.
        I wrote out notes on the circulatory system.

Maths - Did an hour of complex numbers again! I'm basically doing the whole chapter.

Irish - Wrote out what I know for the 1st pictures in Irish. Going to do one a day.

I'd love to know if people think I'm doing enough to get around 330? The max i can get is 480 but in one of my ordinary subjects I should get an A1

Hey!

I didn't get a chance to update this for yesterday so I'll do it now.

I did Section C of 2013 LCVP exam papers,

I learnt some experiments for ag science,

I did an hour of maths grinds,

I learnt about rivers in geography.

Hey,

Today i managed to:

Ag Science - complete all the pig questions in the exam papers

Maths - Yet more complex numbers! About half way through the chapter now.

Irish - Write out notes on one of the sraith.

Overall I didn't get that much done and I really need to pick up the pace. Am so tired all the time! School is becoming so laborious! Many classes feel like they are completely nonsensical and pointless at this stage! I don't need to be listening to teachers mundane life stories I need to be learning! Rant over.

Hey!

I didn't get too much done today! Had a really busy day!

I revised pigs again in ag science.

Today really was a bad day study wise but I will make up for it later this evening and tomorrow :)

• Advertisement

Got a fair bit done today, The fear of not getting the points I need is setting in and its terrifying me!

Ag Science - Did six years of questions on sheep in the exam papers and did all the Q1 questions of 2013.

Accounting - I did three production budgets and one interpretation of Accounts. I have them perfected at last! :)

Geography - I did the 2010 short questions and learnt primary economic activities in the Western and Dublin regions.

Later or tomorrow morning before school I need to do a paragraph of an English essay. I've got into the habit of getting up ridiculously early to finish homework.

I got a middling amount done today haha! I might take a couple of days off soon so I can go over everything.

Ag Science - Finished all the past exam paper questions on sheep and did a soils question and a dairy question

English - I wrote out notes for the Cultural Context. I've really been slacking off on English so I'll probably spend ages on it at the weekend :cool:

Accounting - I did an interpretation of accounts and production budget!

Maths - I did even more complex numbers :)

I'm getting EXTREMELY worried I wont get the points I need. It's actually terrifying..

Awful disappointed about today!

Spent like two hours doing an essay for English

Did a couple of exam questions in Ag Science

Read over stuff in history - I'm always in a bad mood after history. I'm just so bad at it. I find it awful boring!

SIGH

Hey! :D

Irish - Two sraith pictures

Accounting - half a budgeting

Ag Science - Digestive system and pigs

Yallo!!

Okay today I did an okay amount of stuff but to be honest I'm so worried about not getting the points for my course now its ridiculous! :confused:

I've recently started exercising more regularly and trying to run 25km a week so it works out at about 3.5km a day so this is eating into my time but hey its good for ya! (I think)

Anyhoo I'll get to the point :p

Today I did:

Maths - Equality of Complex Numbers, Transformations: Addition of a complex number and Transformations: Multiplication by a constant.

LCVP - I went through a marking scheme for a previous years exam and wrote down what I didn't know.

Geography - I did secondary economic activities in an Irish region and the growth of Dublin. I have to read over these every night now for a bit.

Accounting - Oh how i do hate accounting. I did Q9 and Q2 from 2010.

Ag Science - Two questions from the mock.

English - Question about Dickinsons poetry. (only like half a page)

I really need to get intense on the LCVP study and this weekend is going to have to be all Irish oral! If this oral didn't exist I'd do so much better!

I've a feeling this is gonna be a very long summer of worry :( :rolleyes:

Hey,

Today was an okay day study wise :) I am really starting to dislike school though!

Here's what I got done:

Ag Science - Learned a good bit of grassland, must do more on it tomorrow. It's surprisingly more complex than you'd think.

Maths - Did a bit of translations: multiplication with a imaginary number and a couple of random exam paper questions (stem and leaf etc)

Accounting - Did a Cash Flow and a question 9

I have a few Ag Science questions for homework to do later :P And I need to somehow find notes on tertiary in Ireland for geography because my book has hardly any information on it! I also need to search the house for coloring pencils so I might be a while..

Hi! :)

I left the Ag Homework until this morning and accidentally turned the alarm off instead of pressing snooze so fell asleep again - resulting in me speed writing answers before the bus.. :cool:

Geography - I learned Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Economic Activities in the Paris basin. I'll need to go over these a good bit though.

Ag Science - Did more grassland! I'm gonna try and revise all of grassland as quick as possible and then do the exam questions.

English - Essay on Bishop - well part of an essay on Bishop

Irish - Printed off the sraith pictures that i'd lost haha!

Accounting - Production budget. (I've done millions of them at this stage)

Hey,

Each and every day is freaking me out more and more! I have to get the points :eek:

Anyways here's what I did today!

English - Derek Mahon notes made out just a matter of learning them now

Ag Science - Learnt off A LOT of Grassland. Gonna go over it again tomorrow :) So happy with what I got done with Ag! Was ages at it!

Maths - Did more complex numbers - Nearly done!

Tomorrow I have geography SRP's to learn off and I just cant bring myself to do it! It has to be done though..

I will have to do a load of Irish!

And I'll do more maths! I want to finish complex numbers!

Hey,

All I'm going to do today is Irish Oral work!

Taking a small break now though!

Update

I don't know whats wrong today I just can't concentrate properly. I did a good bit of Oral Irish but I am nowhere near finished! I'm taking a long enough break now and I'll stay up late doing it. So I'm going to be tired all week now!

Roll on Summer!

Ag Science - I finished learning grassland and wrote out a lot of soil experiments to learn.

Geography - Growth of an urban area in Europe, Growth of an urban area in Ireland, Primary, Secondary and Tertiary in Europe.

I got so annoyed this evening. I finally finished learning of grassland so I went to do a few exam questions and the questions that were asked aren't even covered in the book. Its awful disheartening!

I am SO worried about not getting my course :(

• Advertisement

Hello

Today I got a fair bit done!

Ag Science - Revised pigs fully (Know everything on it now - hoping Pigs is the only thing to come up haha!)

Maths - Did a few random exam paper questions.

English - Made out all my notes for After the Titanic and Grandfather by Derek Mahon. I wan't to get him revised by the end of this week

Geography - I learnt my notes on The growth of Dublin (finished it properly) and sourced my notes on Primary, Secondary and Tertiary in Europe. I need to make some for Secondary and Tertiary

I still have to do Ag homework!! But first I'm going for a cycle before its dark

Going easy today as I got so stressed the last few days!

Going to finish my final notes on Kinsale by Derek Mahon,

Do my Ag Science homework and do an English paper 1 essay.

Hello! :D

I've been quite on this recently but I'm back into it!

English - Finished my notes on Derek Mahon and I wrote the introduction and my first point in an Essay for Derek Mahon.

Ag Science - I did the first 3 questions from a past exam paper.

Accounting - I did a production budget and an interpretation of accounts.

Geography - I did growth of Dublin, Waterfalls, Impacts of earthquakes, EU enlargement on Ireland, Importance of cultural regions, Growth of Paris, Factors that cause overpopulation.

LCVP - I did Section C of 2010's paper.

Hey,

I did a lot yesterday but was too lazy to write this up :P

On the other hand I got very little done today! I had to go somewhere.

I re-revised one of the chapters on grassland for Ag Science today.

Tomorrow I should get a good bit done :D - I hope!

It's extremely weird and kind of sad that school is nearly over! That being said, I don't want to go back next year!

Hey!

So far today I have:

Ag Science - I revised all of Grassland - I think I know about 80% of it now.

Geography - I learnt about the development of Mumbai - How long should it take to learn a 30 mark question? It took me an hour!!

English - Made my final notes on W.B Yeats.

And here is what I want to do before tonight,

Write up key points for the growth of Mumbai and stick them up in my room :pac:

Do an hours worth of Maths exam papers - I want to get the 2014 sample paper done over the midterm.

And do another question from a past exam paper in ag science that we got for homework

Hey!

With each day that passes I'm getting more and more freaked out and worried!

Ag Science - Learnt principles of crop production. Silage and Hay production. Revised Dairy, Sheep, Pigs and The Digestive System

Maths - Did Paper one of the SEC 2014 Sample paper.

Geography - Revised growth of Mumbai, Growth of Dublin

Ag Science - Revised chapters I previously learned and learnt the next chapter in Tillage.

English - Finished notes on Yeats and started Dickinson ones.

Geography - Learned about human processes in Ireland.

This took me five hours.. I'm so slow at learning things.

Advertisement