Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bomb Scare Opera House 13th March

Options
  • 13-03-2014 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭

So the Battle of the DJ's has been evacuated after a phone io bomb scare this evening. END

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭rorrissey

Anymore information on this, anyone? Can't imagine why someone would want to bomb The Opera House. Sounds ridiculous to me. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

Show cancelled, sniffer dogs and army enroute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Lekrub

Wait a minute. Did anybody see this post from a few days ago asking about the northern Irish security announcements from Mahon point saying to report unattended bags?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057166663

Too suspicious...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Lekrub wrote: »
    Wait a minute. Did anybody see this post from a few days ago asking about the northern Irish security announcements from Mahon point saying to report unattended bags?

Too suspicious...

Are you far fetched much?

Where were you at the time in question? The plot thickens...:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭rorrissey

According to Twitter it was all a hoax. Anticlimactic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Red Nissan wrote: »
    So the Battle of the DJ's has been evacuated after a phone io bomb scare this evening. END

not that it matters but it's 2 Many DJs, brothers from Belgium.

Crazy stuff, I presume the phone call they received was substantial enough to immediately not discount it as a hoax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Lekrub wrote: »

Too suspicious...

I posted that and they've been announcing those for months in MP. It's just some kind of bought-in annoying reel of security announcements that (until now anyway) seemed totally inappropriate for Cork (or anywhere in the Republic).

My main gripe is that I can't understand why they're not localised to Cork or neutral accents as I was struggling to understand what some of them said.
    I somehow don't think the fact that MP has been using a Northern Irish announcement system package and this have anything to do with each other!

---
    Pretty bizarre though. I wonder what kind of strange motive was behind it?
    It's hardly a high profile or even remotely controversial event either.

Possibly just some total nutcase or someone who had some kind of an agenda to stop the show perhaps?

It's an awful thing for someone to have done though. I mean, it cost the Opera House (which isn't exactly financially flush) a lot of money and it will have really upset quite a lot of people. That kind of situation can cause a panic and someone could have a heart attack or asthma attack or anything.

If it's some kind of a prankster they should be found and arrested!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

haha im skitting at myself .Spotted this last night and went holt ****, then kinda read the first thread roughly and just thought a sure bomb hoax must be one of the DJ's playing in this battle of the DJ's gig!! Doh hehe..

Glad to hear it was a hoax and no one was hurt.. What muppet called it in then is what I wonder a begrunteled fan or something

I'm just really annoyed that someone would do that because the Opera House is in such a weak financial situation.

It's a huge asset to the cultural life of the city and it's been struggling to survive.
    Gigs like this are the bread and butter that supports venues like these.

I would hope it doesn't put anyone off attending anything else.

We need to support arts and cultural venues in Cork in a big way as there is so little state support available these days and advertising, sponsorships etc etc are really much more difficult to come by due to a fall in consumer spending.

Whoever did this could have cost people their jobs and livelihoods.

• Advertisement

I don't think it would put anyone off going in there..

Milly33 wrote: »
    I don't think it would put anyone off going in there..

I certainly hope not! Hopefully, they'll be able to trace the call.

There are definitely a few nutters around!

it really is odd why would someone do it, seems silly. So I be thinking it was a young person

Just to be clear, the post asking if their connected was not serious.Just having a laugh.

But who would call in though, ridiculous especially for the opera house like someone mentioned. You would think it would be relatively easy to trace if from a mobile, even with ID withheld. I don't think there is many public phones anymore. And if there is there must be cctv on em

Advertisement