Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Northern Ireland Pharmacy request

Options
  • 13-03-2014 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭

Hey will be driving through the north soon. I am planning on stocking up just on ibuprofen and paracetamol. That will only come to about £5 will a pharmacy up north even let me put a £5 transaction on my card.

My script meds are no cheaper up north unfortunately at least those with the same names. One product would be about half the price. Patient care leaflet list the uk name on one which is different to the irish name it would cost about half the price.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭admcfad

AFAIK pharmacies/supermarkets in the north can only sell you 2 packets of paracetamol or ibuprofen in one transaction. I bought 2 packets of each in Boots in one transaction but Sainsbury's would only sell me 2 packets of one or the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

yes, they can only sell 2 packets in one transaction, & if you're buying generics, two packs will be what 60-80p for the two?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

yes, they can only sell 2 packets in one transaction, & if you're buying generics, two packs will be what 60-80p for the two?

OP it depends on the store- normally there is a minimum transaction charge. 2 packs of Paracetamol of Ibuprofen- would come to less than £2, regardless of where you buy them- you're going to have a seriously peeved shop assistant if you pay with a card for a spend of less than 2 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Thanks for the replies guys. Stopped in I think in Strabane with the other half. Picked up the some groceries and split the transaction with the other half. I got about 10 pound worth of groceries on the card. She got about £7 worth of groceries paid in euros, got back sterling cash. Picked some up in Asda, Poundland, and a pharmacy all within 200-300 metres of each other.
    Between the 3 shops.
    Asda was the cheapest of the lot
    16 ibuprofen, 200mg= 25p (30c)
    16 paracetamol 500mg 19p (23c)

vs 24 ibuprofen 200mg €4.50 in Irish pharmacies.

:D

Advertisement