Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL Interview ??

• 13-03-2014 10:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

I applied for a job in Lidl Glasnevin and got an email to attend an interview on the 28th of March. I have a job now but when I get offered this job I will take it.

I have never in my life went for a job interview so any advice is well needed. I was thinking of wearing shirt with tie, trousers and shoes rather than a full-on suit as the position is a sales assistant. Also, what is the uniform, for males, in the LIDL stores.

If anyone has had an interview with LIDL please share you experiences and tips as I'm nervous enough thinking about it.

ALSO, what is their rate of pay??? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Never interviewed with them but have a couple of friends who work for them. The pay starts at 11.65€ per hour which increases every year. You should take a trip to your local store and have a look around if you dont even know the uniform. They want you to be a yes person and a team player, who works hard. If you are in any way ambitious it can be good for advancement also, they run a lot of different management programs. Best of luck in you interview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

How did you apply ? Was it through the website or by handing in a cv?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Here is a tip, op :p
    It's one thing to create a thread asking for advice... then there is creating a thread asking for advice where you also INFORM people certain jobs are going in a certain place :pac:

140+ people have viewed this thread so you have probably just given yourself a whole lot more competition. Such is life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

I applied for a job in Lidl Glasnevin and got an email to attend an interview on the 28th of March. I have a job now but when I get offered this job I will take it.

I have never in my life went for a job interview so any advice is well needed. I was thinking of wearing shirt with tie, trousers and shoes rather than a full-on suit as the position is a sales assistant. Also, what is the uniform, for males, in the LIDL stores.

If anyone has had an interview with LIDL please share you experiences and tips as I'm nervous enough thinking about it.

ALSO, what is their rate of pay??? Thanks

Just wondering how long was it after you applied that you got an email? Was it a couple of days/weeks? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭truedoom

same as any job interview.

learn the job spec off
    look neat and tidy; shave, get a hair cut if a bit scraggly, shirt, tie, pants shows should be fine.
    Don't be too nervous.
    Don't be fidgety.
    Don't bring anything into the interview with you (like a cup of coffee, you'll end up fidgeting with it if nervous).
    appear confident.
    Thank them for the interview.

• Advertisement
Advertisement