Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

white grape juice

Options
  • 13-03-2014 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Have three gallons of wurzels wine clearing and wanted to start another couple of gallons so its ready for summer,The trouble is having difficulty finding white grape juice,tescos have stopped selling it,anyone having the same problem finding it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Aldi sell it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭dasdog

Perhaps it's seasonal? I have't seen it in my local shops for a few months, just the concentrate grape/pear mix. Anything I've tried with Red has been awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭flanaganred

Tesco had sungrown wgj in 1.5 litres which is now discontinued, SuperValu have done the same.have tried aldi a couple of times no joy,they have plenty of rgj alright

Khannie wrote: »
    Aldi sell it.

Thanks will try in a few different aldi stores when I'm out and about

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭0rt

Aldi stopped selling it.. i was buying it by the crate from them to be told its no longer stocked.. unless something has changed in the last 33 months, i just get mine from tescos.. they have 1.5ltr cartons on the shelf.

• Advertisement

0rt wrote: »
    Aldi stopped selling it.. i was buying it by the crate from them to be told its no longer stocked.. unless something has changed in the last 33 months, i just get mine from tescos.. they have 1.5ltr cartons on the shelf.

I have tried 4 different Tesco stores,my closest Tesco store in Wexford has stopped selling it,that's where I got my last three on the shelf,if I were you I would be stocking up in case they are just clearing what they have on the shelfs.to rub salt into the wounds I am just having my first taste of my wow,I am pleasantly surprised how good it tastes!

whats the recipe?
    Try some health food stores, granted they will prob charge you an arm and a leg..
    theres always musgraves and other cash and carries?

whats the recipe?
    Try some health food stores, granted they will prob charge you an arm and a leg..
    theres always musgraves and other cash and carries?

Just the standard wow recipe from home brew forum.co.uk,it was 1l of orange juice and 1l of white grape juice,also done a pineapple and mango + white grape juice which is clearing at the moment. On initial tasting should be very nice when given time.No luck with musgraves will try another couple

That's always an option not too bad if you could get 5 gallon batches out of it

• Advertisement

link me to that wow recipe, i wanna give it a go :)

link me to that wow recipe, i wanna give it a go :)
    http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=39846&hilit=wow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

I've done wine kits before but want to have a go at making it from scratch, thing is we're red drinkers in our house.

Will this work if i simply change to red juice?

giftgrub wrote: »
    I've done wine kits before but want to have a go at making it from scratch, thing is we're red drinkers in our house.

Will this work if i simply change to red juice?

There is quite a few recipes on that thread,I can't imagine it tasting to good with the red grape+ orange juice,I have been told red grape juice+ apple juice is good which will be my next brew,or maybe red grape+cranberry? Just make sure there are no added preservatives in the juice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

I've made many red variations and all were meh!

I've made many red variations and all were meh!

Will give the red grape and apple a shot anyway at least if it doesn't come out great not much of a loss

Advertisement