Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom continue to take money from account

Options
  • 13-03-2014 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

Hi,

Just looking for some advice here.
    I've just noticed that eircom have been taking money from my account for broadband services I've never received (they did not show up for 3 scheduled broadband installations). I intend on cancelling my direct debit tomorrow but I also want to get refunded for any money they have taken from me.
    I've already spent countless hours on the phone to them and they've promised on countless occassions to refund me and haven't. Therefore I'm not considering contacting them again. I'm just wondering what my next step could be. I really would prefer not to have to take a day of work to go to a small claims court. So just wondering if there's any other steps that I could take. Any advice will be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

OP - would you like me to move this to the Talk to eircom forum to see if the reps there can assist?

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

jd1983 wrote: »
    Hi,

Just looking for some advice here.
    I've just noticed that eircom have been taking money from my account for broadband services I've never received (they did not show up for 3 scheduled broadband installations). I intend on cancelling my direct debit tomorrow but I also want to get refunded for any money they have taken from me.
    I've already spent countless hours on the phone to them and they've promised on countless occassions to refund me and haven't. Therefore I'm not considering contacting them again. I'm just wondering what my next step could be. I really would prefer not to have to take a day of work to go to a small claims court. So just wondering if there's any other steps that I could take. Any advice will be appreciated.

OP, you do not need to deal with eircom to refund your money. You can ring your bank and request them to refund. Although these are not an unauthorised debits, they are made before service has commenced.

Either way, you don't have to specify a reason and the bank must comply, under the new SEPA rules. once refunded, it's then up to you and eircom to come to an agreement on what the debt is [of any].

Oh, your bank may refuse as they may not be aware of the SEPA rules. Be assertive. If you require, I can quote the relevant rules here so you can give them. But talk to them first. It must be the branch that handles your current account that services SEPA payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

contact Comreg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

This post has been deleted.

obviously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭jd1983

Thanks for all the responses. I'll contact comreg on monday but I can sense that there's tonnes of complaints against eircom and there are only so many they can process.
    A couple of the customer reps I've been dealing with has said there's a hold up due to the sheer number of complaints.

Thanks dudara, but I've posted a couple of times on the eircom board. I've also pm'd their moderators and they've told me that broadband has been installed which is not true. Despite them not showing up to three arranged installations. Basically I've already spent hours dealing with eircom via phone, email, boards and by even going into their retail store in person. I that case the store manager who sold us the broadband cowered in their back office and would not come out to us to discuss. So I've decided I won't deal with eircom any longer!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

jd1983 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the responses. I'll contact comreg on monday but I can sense that there's tonnes of complaints against eircom and there are only so many they can process.
    A couple of the customer reps I've been dealing with has said there's a hold up due to the sheer number of complaints.

Thanks dudara, but I've posted a couple of times on the eircom board. I've also pm'd their moderators and they've told me that broadband has been installed which is not true. Despite them not showing up to three arranged installations. Basically I've already spent hours dealing with eircom via phone, email, boards and by even going into their retail store in person. I that case the store manager who sold us the broadband cowered in their back office and would not come out to us to discuss. So I've decided I won't deal with eircom any longer!

Have you told your bank to refund the direct debits?

Advertisement