Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who Made The First Section?

Options
  • 13-03-2014 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭

Just wondering i had mine submitted after 3 mins i went away came back and at 10 past was already closed thats crazy how fast it went, do we just wait for a message now to upload the documents and make payment then see if its accepted then you have to make my cic and they make the final decision?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

Just wondering i had mine submitted after 3 mins i went away came back and at 10 past was already closed thats crazy how fast it went, do we just wait for a message now to upload the documents and make payment then see if its accepted then you have to make my cic and they make the final decision?

pretty much

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭SupraSonic_26

Does anyone know can your resume by upload with Microsoft word or does it have to be pdf, also I don't have a scanner but was able to take perfect picture of my passport with my phone its clear and can see all the details on it would this be ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

Resume needs to be in PDF Format. Same with your Passport Scan. As long as it is very clear it will be fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭SupraSonic_26

ya you can see everything perfect on it all my details numbers ect, I uploaded it there ill have to change my word format resume to pdf in work and upload it.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ravingitup

EI-DOR wrote: »
    Resume needs to be in PDF Format. Same with your Passport Scan. As long as it is very clear it will be fine!

*facepalm*

No, it doesn't. On the page where you are asked to submit your documents, it tells you that word, JPG, PDF and a few more are fine for your documents.

I don't know where people get all this misleading information from.

• Advertisement

*facepalm*

No, it doesn't. On the page where you are asked to submit your documents, it tells you that word, JPG, PDF and a few more are fine for your documents.

I don't know where people get all this misleading information from.
    Rav, Just for your info I tried uploading the CV as it was in the word format and it wouldn't accept it unless it was a PDF file. Anybody that has more than one scan from the passport needs to combine them into one PDF file. I had two passport scans as I have a J1 Working Visa so I had to use the PDF file!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Toronto

It's not *necessary*, but PDFs work better across various operating systems and word processors, so if you want to make sure text won't format weirdly, a PDF might be your best bet.

It's not *necessary*, but PDFs work better across various operating systems and word processors, so if you want to make sure text won't format weirdly, a PDF might be your best bet.

Indeed. Going by some other people I was talking to, the only format they could upload was PDF!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ravingitup

EI-DOR wrote: »
    Indeed. Going by some other people I was talking to, the only format they could upload was PDF!

Oh, that's interesting! JPG worked for me, but I see what you're saying - you can't go wrong with a PDF.

Oh, that's interesting! JPG worked for me, but I see what you're saying - you can't go wrong with a PDF.

Indeed :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement