Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easiest way to Clonskeagh from Kildare

Options
  • 13-03-2014 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi all
    I am starting a new job next week based in Clonskeagh working from 9 to 5
    I will be travelling from South Kildare (Naas area)
    Just wondering what the easiest way to get there would be
    Google maps is saying to take the long mile road which I think will take too long
    I am thinking of turning off at Ballymount and around by Sandyford then up to Clonskeagh as the easiest route
    Any suggestions given it is 9 to 5 hours?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,943 ✭✭✭✭josip

Do not go through Sandyford/Goatstown if you're going for 9-5. Whenever we've done it at that time of the morning, we've sometimes spent 50 minutes just getting from the M50 to the mosque.

The best way we find is to go past Wesley, Dundrum bypass, under the Luas bridge and then cut across Bird Avenue. There are also some useful rat runs and tricks you can do around the Miltown Bridge Road, Whitebeam Ridge Road, Whitethorn Rd if you're working the Beechhill area

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Agree with the above route.

Given the current roadworks at Newlands Cross and schools along that route btwn M50 and Clonskeagh you'd drive it in about 50 mins if you left at 7am, double that time or more if you leave after 7.30

Good luck with the new gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭HardyBuckFan

Thanks for replies guys
    Hopefully I can make it in good time in the morning!

Advertisement