Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

setting up a direct debit

Options
  • 13-03-2014 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

I am considering transfering €100 per week from my boi365 account in the ROI into my First Trust account in the north. What would be the most convenient and cost effective means of doing this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi kerosene[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thank you for contacting Bank of Ireland.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Are we correct, when you mention the account you wish to pay into in the North, is a Sterling Account you wish to pay into? [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You can add your Sterling Account as a payee using Bank of Ireland 365 Online. The type of Payee you wish to add will depend on the currency you wish to send.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you prefer to send Euro, please access the 'Manage Accounts' option on the left hand side of the Homepage when logged into your account and select 'Add SEPA Payee'. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you would like to send Sterling, you can add an International (Non SEPA) Payee.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]There is no foreign charge by Bank of Ireland to transfer in Euro or Sterling. Although, a transaction charge of 20cents will apply and will be deducted in your quarterly fees.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Just to add, when making your foreign payment online, there is a currency convertor you can use to check the rate on the day. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You may need to check with your bank in Northern Ireland to see if they will apply a processing charge on receiving this foreign transfer or of they can offer a direct debit service to you.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I hope this information helps. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us here again.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Alison[/font]

Advertisement