Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delivery from North to South of the border

Options
  • 14-03-2014 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I'm based in Belfast and will be shipping products of various weights and dimensions South of the border.

Can anyone recommend a courier that is reasonably priced with good service?

Royal Mail are charging over £10 for a 500g small packet with a delivery aim of 5 days! DPD can send pretty much anything i want for £11.99 through NIparcels.

This seems odd whenever My Hermes can collect anything i need in Belfast and take it anywhere in the UK for roughly £5.

So my question is are there any couriers out there that cover the Island of Ireland as a whole and don't increase the price when they cross the border? Is there any couriers that cover all of Ireland in the same way My Hermes cover all of the UK for a fair price?

I'm aware Belfast is classed as being in the UK but surely its as easy for a courier company to deliver anywhere in Ireland as it is to collect something from Belfast and deliver it to anywhere in England, Scotland or Wales!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

You are more likely to source that info in NI!! Have you tried Fastway, GLS, DPD?

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭lucky john

You are more likely to source that info in NI!! Have you tried Fastway, GLS, DPD?

Fastway work on an islands of Ireland basis with next day delivery. They have various price points depending on your needs but 500g would be 6.50 euro. You need to buy the lables upfront though.

EDIT. sorry didn't mean to link Peter's post.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Shanel82

Thanks lads. Peter, people from the north of Ireland also have access to Boards.ie and i assumed someone on this forum may have encountered this problem before.
    I had researched alot of couriers before asking here and was hoping for an option i hadn't thought of.
    I have decided on Fastway as i have found they have the fairest pricing structure, although its still fairly expensive no matter who i choose!
    Perhaps my original question should have been how much are the people south of the border willing to pay on shipping, especially when they can see in a lot of cases its not that far away as opposed to coming from overseas!?

Advertisement