Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

traveling into dublin on Paddys Day

Options
  • 14-03-2014 1:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭

Hey, I'm driving into the city coming from the north off the M1 and through drumcondra to qpark clerys on marlbourgh street on paddys day morning. I'm just wondering will there be any issues such as diversions due to the parade that would effect the trip at that time of day?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Whiplash wrote: »
    Hey, I'm driving into the city coming from the north off the M1 and through drumcondra to qpark clerys on marlbourgh street on paddys day morning. I'm just wondering will there be any issues such as diversions due to the parade that would effect the trip at that time of day?

I'd say there could be a lot of diversions around the area, especially paddy's day, they can block Gardiner st and the surrounds, my advice is coming from the M1 to park in Whitehall church car park then get any of buses bus opposite the Viscount pub straight into town....

The bus will fly in with bus lanes etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Whiplash

thanks. well i'm only paying a quick visit. I'm picking up some friends at the q park clerys and heading back towards the north straight away. It would be between 9 and 10 am and hoping there wouldnt be much in way of diversions at that time

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I'd advise the people that you are picking up to to walk down Talbot St towards Amiens St and, you pick them up around Connolly Station. That whole area up around O'Connell St/Gardiner St/Marlborough St/Parnell St will be mental, as the thousands of people in the parade and their floats get ready to march off. If you are able to access the car park, I doubt if there will be spaces left as the hundred thousand odd people who come into town for the parade, will have snapped them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

From the Dublin City Council website the following roads will be closed on Paddys Day

St. Patrick’s Day Parade

Location A: Western Way from 20.00hrs on Sunday 16th March to 14.30hrs on Monday 17th March 2014.

Location B: Dominick Street Upper, Mountjoy Street, Mountjoy Street Middle, Palmerstown Place, St. Mary’s Place North, Granby Row, Parnell Square North, Parnell Square East, O’Connell Street Upper & Lower, O’Connell Bridge, Westmoreland Street, College Green, Dame Street, Lord Edward Street, Christchurch Place, Nicholas Street, Patrick Street, New Street South, Newmarket, Clanbrassil Street Lower from 05.00hrs to 17.00hrs on Monday 17th March 2014.

Traffic Management Plan

Traffic on Arran Quay travelling north and east will be diverted via Church Street, Constitution Hill, North Circular Road, Portland Row and Amiens Street.
    Traffic on North Wall Quay travelling south will be diverted via City Quay Lombard Street, Westland Row, Merrion Square North, Mount Street Lower and Haddington Road.
    Traffic on North Wall Quay travelling west will be diverted via George’s Quay Beresford Place, Gardiner Street, North Circular Road, Infirmary Road, Parkgate Street.
    Pedestrian access will be maintained.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Whiplash wrote: »
    thanks. well i'm only paying a quick visit. I'm picking up some friends at the q park clerys and heading back towards the north straight away. It would be between 9 and 10 am and hoping there wouldnt be much in way of diversions at that time

you wont get near qpark clerys at that time without significant delays if you can get near at all!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Whiplash

Thanks guys!

Advertisement