Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turtle Beach X12's to Xbox One

• 14-03-2014 1:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend the best way for me to use my X12's with my X One? My LG TV unfortunately does not an audio out for the Red/White cables for my X12's. My TV only supports an optical output.

Is there a way to get around this, as currently I'm using my headphones through the headphone jack. This is not ideal as it does not give surround sound and causes my TV to be muted and only plays sound through the headset when it is connected.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Not familiar with this set, what connection options has it got?

From the sounds of it it it only has the red and white connectors?

I mentioned on the other thread I got a set of the new XO Fours, but it comes with the new adaptor so I tried my old triton set on it , it's got 2 parts (the triton set that is) the head set and the main cable with the usb connector , red/white connectors, and usb connector and volume control, I used just the head set part of the triton with the controller adaptor and it worked for game and voice audio, so maybe you just need to get one of them.

At present without the adaptor to use my old headset on the One, I would also have to connect to the tv head phone jack muting the tv and have no way to connect for voice chat.

Either way , unless you are able to connect to the optical port on the one you will only get stereo audio, but the X12 isn't a high end surround set is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

3_BOoYA_X wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend the best way for me to use my X12's with my X One? My LG TV unfortunately does not an audio out for the Red/White cables for my X12's. My TV only supports an optical output.

Is there a way to get around this, as currently I'm using my headphones through the headphone jack. This is not ideal as it does not give surround sound and causes my TV to be muted and only plays sound through the headset when it is connected.

Thanks in advance.

I have the x12's myself.They will work with the xbox one but only if you buy the headset adapter.Going be picking up one myself during the week.
    Found this video today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I soldered my original headset, but the new adapter does away with the need for that.

It'd be worth your while picking up one of these too, i use one with my x12s and its the business. turtle beach used to have an outlet somewhere on ebay that sell reconditioned units cheap.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Turtle-Beach-Ear-Force-DSS-Dolby-Surround-Sound-Dp11-Headset-Gaming-Ps3-Xbox-360-/151255056057?pt=UK_Video_Games_Headsets&hash=item233780feb9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭3_BOoYA_X

Anywhere to order an adapter from? Amazon.co.uk are currently out of stock. Thanks for all the feedback so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

I bought mine from MS.ie for 22 euro ithink

Have similar issue only that My X12s are connected to tv everything is fine but I cant seem to alternate the voice and game balance. The volume control on X12 doesnt work because sound isnt being amplified as it comes thru red/white cables thru tv.

The optional headset/chat doesnt seem to work, or i cant understand it. I tried pressing when and reducing and pressing the other and reducing but it just seemed to reduce/increase both.

Is this technically what its doing? I dont understand the difference betweem audio from tv jacks and how this is different from chat.

edit: after watchnig the video its kinda answered some of my questions but still not convinced its working properly re the chat/game switching.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭3_BOoYA_X

Have similar issue only that My X12s are connected to tv everything is fine but I cant seem to alternate the voice and game balance. The volume control on X12 doesnt work because sound isnt being amplified as it comes thru red/white cables thru tv.

The optional headset/chat doesnt seem to work, or i cant understand it. I tried pressing when and reducing and pressing the other and reducing but it just seemed to reduce/increase both.

Is this technically what its doing? I dont understand the difference betweem audio from tv jacks and how this is different from chat.

edit: after watchnig the video its kinda answered some of my questions but still not convinced its working properly re the chat/game switching.

Did you order this recently, out of order now unfortunately. At the minute I just have my X12s connected to my TV with the headphone jack. My TV does not have the Red/White audio out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Sorry I'm not 100% clear on your set up, are you saying that you have one of the new adaptors for the one, and have your X12 head set connected to the TV for game audio and to the adaptor for chat?

As I said earlier I'm not 100% about the physical connectors on the X12, can the head set be detached from the rest of the cable ? If so plug that into the microsoft adaptor no need to get game audio from the TV as it will come from the controller along with chat, at least thats how my old triton one works.

Maybe the X12 is different in that the headset doesnt plug into a volume control via a 3.5mm jack and is one unit and can't be detached :confused:

Edit: Never mind i had a google for some pictures and seems the x12's head set is hard wired to the in line volume controls

3_BOoYA_X wrote: »
    Did you order this recently, out of order now unfortunately. At the minute I just have my X12s connected to my TV with the headphone jack. My TV does not have the Red/White audio out

Well i ordered about a week before launch from MS.ie as Amazon was dearer. Think it shipped first week of March.

calex71 wrote: »
    Sorry I'm not 100% clear on your set up, are you saying that you have one of the new adaptors for the one, and have your X12 head set connected to the TV for game audio and to the adaptor for chat?

As I said earlier I'm not 100% about the physical connectors on the X12, can the head set be detached from the rest of the cable ? If so plug that into the microsoft adaptor no need to get game audio from the TV as it will come from the controller along with chat, at least thats how my old triton one works.

Maybe the X12 is different in that the headset doesnt plug into a volume control via a 3.5mm jack and is one unit and can't be detached :confused:

Edit: Never mind i had a google for some pictures and seems the x12's head set is hard wired to the in line volume controls

Pretty much yes. I actually have the green one connected to the female green and that video guy says not to, but it still works(although it might still be connected to the 360 now i think about it).

I think if i dont have the red and white plugged into tv i wont hear tv/game but will hear chat anyway.
    Assume red/white into tv gives GAME audio and
    Offshoot cable from inline converted to 3.5 gives CHAT.

Problem is as the video says the inline controls for bass boost(never really used) and GAME audio dont work.
    Only the CHAT audio control works but it increases/decreases both CHAT and GAME from tv together, no way to balance.

Sorry to capitalise, wanted to make my ramble easier to read.

Im gonna try unpluggnig red/white but guess ill hear no game audio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Plugged the green one into the headphones jack on the tv and know it works fine.You cant use the red and white cable with the green head because the video out is HDMI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

I just plug the green one into the tv and then the usb into the xbox1 then sorted :)

Advertisement