Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Louth hospital MIU(a&e)

Options
  • 14-03-2014 1:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭

Will they do a dressing in the morning? I got one last Saturday in it and was told they only do it once?? The nurse in my GP is only there three days a week and won't be back til tues next and it's to be dressed every second day and can't afford to be going to the Lourdes twice a week like..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭alfman

I got a minor operation last Summer and had to go in and get it dressed every few days for a couple of weeks. There were no issues doing it on a Saturday. You just need to get in early in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

Dunny wrote: »
    Will they do a dressing in the morning? I got one last Saturday in it and was told they only do it once?? The nurse in my GP is only there three days a week and won't be back til tues next and it's to be dressed every second day and can't afford to be going to the Lourdes twice a week like..

Im not answering your question, but anybody who turns you away from the clinic for redressing a wound that they initially dressed should be named and shamed.

So kind of an answer - i'd be very surprised if you were turned away. If some halfwit does, ring your local community nurse and keep on ringing til they schedule a visit, wreck heads! I promise there much more pressing matters to deal with and if they found out that you were mobile and turned up to the MIU and refused treatment, MIU would not be turning away people who are attempting to take responsibility for their ailment/injury much longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

I should have suggested - you are bound to know a nurse who would be willing to change a minor dressing for you.
    This where i'd advocate for a supervised student led drop in clinic at the nursing school at DKIT. Clinical experience for the students and little or no cost to the visitor, reduced waiting times at MIU....................

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

It's an amputation of the tip of the index finger. I rang and was told to be in early tomoro. No probs with that but il be asking tomoro about getting in next week when local nurse is off. Thanks for advice

Advertisement