Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Drive storage plans now only $1.99 for 100GB, $9.99 for 1TB

Options
  • 14-03-2014 7:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭

I got an email to notify me of the new very cheap storage plans for Google Drive. Presently I'm paying $4.99 for 100GB (with an extra 30GB as a bonus) so this is a pleasent surprise. I'd even almost consider 1TB in the future since its so cheap but not until my upload speed increases some what.

$1.99 per month: 100GB (previously $4.99)
    $9.99 per month: 1TB (previously $49.99)
    $99.99 per month: 10TB+
    drive_blog_pricing2-640x182.png

In case you don’t know, Google uses your Drive storage for your Gmail and Google+ Photos. This may be very appealing to anyone using the new excellent Auto Backup Photos app with Google+ on Android that also backs up local folders with its most recent update. The desktop version detects all new camera images (like Picasa) and uploads them to the same place.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

These new prices are great but like yourself I need a better upload. 1Mb just isn't cutting it for the 75GB I already have...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭rey8px2m7altcs

These new prices are great but like yourself I need a better upload. 1Mb just isn't cutting it for the 75GB I already have...
    I was thinking the same thing, great deal but meh
    1MB is beautiful btw we got... 0.21Mb :( It takes soooo long to upload anything!

Scratch that actually it is 0.03... I don't even know how I am posting this reply....

I was thinking the same thing, great deal but meh
    1MB is beautiful btw we got... 0.21Mb :( It takes soooo long to upload anything!

Scratch that actually it is 0.03... I don't even know how I am posting this reply....
    0.21Mb? Oh God... I'm hoping to get Fibre soon and then hopefully uploading will be a whole lot easier.

0.21Mb? Oh God... I'm hoping to get Fibre soon and then hopefully uploading will be a whole lot easier.

No that's the thing it got worse, it is 0.03 An yes there is meant to be two zero's... It's... I wanna cry :( I am posting this from the past by the time it actually posts lol

No that's the thing it got worse, it is 0.03 An yes there is meant to be two zero's... It's... I wanna cry :( I am posting this from the past by the time it actually posts lol

I see you're in Waterford, surely you can get a better connection than that?
    My Sky is slow but jaysus what you're getting is woeful.

• Advertisement

I see you're in Waterford, surely you can get a better connection than that?
    My Sky is slow but jaysus what you're getting is woeful.

Tallow county waterford, may as well be no where :( Trust me if I could move somewhere with net I would have lol

Tallow county waterford, may as well be no where :( Trust me if I could move somewhere with net I would have lol
    I feel for you... Internet is need for virtually everything now, I couldn't imagine it being that slow. Surely mobile broadband or wireless would be faster than what you're getting?

I feel for you... Internet is need for virtually everything now, I couldn't imagine it being that slow. Surely mobile broadband or wireless would be faster than what you're getting?

Oh it is lol for most I am using my meteor mobile network half the time. For movies and the like I use the main net but yeah life sucks. I moved to my OHs place coming from even 4Mb down and 1Mb up, it was well nice and uncongested. Now... ugg

Advertisement