Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Difficult to motivate myself (5th year)

• 14-03-2014 8:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭

Hi guys. Just seeing if anyone has some advice for me.
    I'm a 5th year student and since just after Christmas I've been in a bit of a slump. I would have usually been a fairly good student (not bragging, just saying) but in my tests since Christmas has been underwhelming to say the least. I'm finding it very hard to motivate myself to work and do study. I procrastinate a lot when I should be working and studying.
    If anyone could advise, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Firstly it's important to stay motivated op.
    I too sometimes found myself in your situation .
    I always remember our principle said to us at the start of 5th year " do what you have to do , to do what you want to do ".
    It a only a year and a bit left op . Put in the work now and then spend the rest of your life studying what you want and doing what you want to do later in life .
    I don't like Irish , but I just remind myself it's only a few weeks left now and then it's over . So I am putting in the effort now so that I don't regret it .

In regards to procrastination , it's hard sometimes to sit down and do it . Set yourself a goal and achieve it ! If you are a good student like you said , then why leave that go to to waste .

Good luck op

Advertisement