Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mixing instant hot chocolate with whey

• 14-03-2014 8:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭

I just got some flavour less whey delivered and I'd like to add some chocolate to it. I'd would like to keep the sugar to a min and so far today I've added cocoa which has virtually no sugar.

what do you guys think of adding Tesco's instant hot chocolate to it?

Thanks for your help

<caption>Nutrition</caption>
    Typical Values Made up as directed 100g contains Each serving (11g) made up with 200ml hot water contains
    Energy 78kJ (19kcal) 165kJ (39kcal)
    Protein 0.7g 1.4g
    Carbohydrate 3.2g 6.7g
    Sugars 2.1g 4.4g
    Fat 0.2g 0.5g
    Saturates 0.1g 0.3g
    Fibre 0.6g 1.3g
    Salt 0.1g 0.2g

Ingredients

Whey Permeate Powder (Milk),Dried Glucose Syrup ,Fat Reduced Cocoa Powder (21%) ,Dried Skimmed Milk ,Maltodextrin ,Coconut Oil ,Flavourings (Milk) ,Salt ,Stabilisers (Guar Gum, Carboxymethylcellulose, Disodium Phosphate) ,Anti-caking Agent (Silicon Dioxide) ,Sweetener (Sucralose)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

If you're not going to be having much sugar the rest of the day, I wouldn't worry about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

That is what chocolate flavoured whey powder is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

I used to add nesquick to mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

That is a "healthy living" hot chocolate, they have taken out some of the sugar and just replaced with sweetener, sucralose, though it still has sugars in it.

It might be cheaper to just keep buying the cocoa and adding in sweeteners yourself.

I would avoid tesco value cocoa by the way, I think its not really cocoa at all, or the bulk of it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭Del007

It was on sale in tesco at 60 cent a pack, I bought a good few of them.

Cheers for advice

• Advertisement
Advertisement