Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IKC Dog Expo on Paddy's day!

• 14-03-2014 11:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone going to the dog expo on Monday? Bailey won happiest dog last year which was amazing for us because it was the first time we've ever been in a crowded place like that (eg pet expo) where he wasn't terrified.

I'd like to enter the best trick comp with one of them - any suggestions on a good trick? :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

I might go as my dog is representing his breed in the Annual Champion Contest.

I don't have a breed stand this year as our Club was not prepared to pay for it as we give up our whole day & have travelling/food expenses etc.

I might see you there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I'd love to head up to this but I'm working Paddys day :( I think my brother is going though so anyone with corgis watch out cos he will steal them :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Where is it on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

National show centre beside dublin airport

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

National show centre beside dublin airport

Thanks might pop down! Love watching happy doggies in action!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

The dog show is on tomorrow with the pet expo on Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Are you bringing your new lad to the dog expo Andreac? Would love to meet him :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Yep, he will be there but I'm not showing him. So come over and say hi if you see me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

I'm heading to this. Hoping to nab some great danes for cuddles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Well it was ok this year but started getting packed quickly enough. I wanted to enter some of the fun shows but they didn't look like they were starting any time soon and the dogs were getting tired. Got some nice vet bed and a lovely throw :) We also saw Knine's beautiful Spinone in the ring :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

tk123 wrote: »
    Well it was ok this year but started getting packed quickly enough. I wanted to enter some of the fun shows but they didn't look like they were starting any time soon and the dogs were getting tired. Got some nice vet bed and a lovely throw :) We also saw Knine's beautiful Spinone in the ring :)

Thank you! We got into the final!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Had so much fun today!

Had lots of cuddles with Specs the great dane. He is gorgeous.

Didn't see much of the actual shows but saw the gorgeous dogs walking around after with their rosettes. So cute!

Got a good deal on dog carriers and vetbed, dog food was much the same price as in the shops so I didn't bother with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I had a big fight with my brother yesterday because he wouldn't let me stay in his house in Dublin so I could go to this!! I'll just have to wait for the pet expo again this year to get my Great Dane fix :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

Raging I missed this!
    I'm not sure which section, possibly large breed pups, if there is such catagory? My friend came first with her Golden Retriever, Dexter. And my mam came second with Zola, 3mth old Cane Corso.
    Here she is with her rosette :)

Shelli2 wrote: »
    Raging I missed this!
    I'm not sure which section, possibly large breed pups, if there is such catagory? My friend came first with her Golden Retriever, Dexter. And my mam came second with Zola, 3mth old Cane Corso.

Ah I wanted to enter with Lucy but we got there at 11:00 and an hour later there was no sign of the fun shows starting she was asleep on the floor lol! :p Was it a baby retriever pup - I think we might have met them :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

I think Dexter is around 9 or 10 months old :)

I think Dexter is around 9 or 10 months old :)

Oh then I think I saw him on the way out lol!! There was a little baby retriever - Lucy looked huge compared to him. It's mad how much the grow in 6 months!

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭juniord

Raging I missed this!

was that in best pet , my granddaughter got third with her chihuahua in a show that a golden retriever won on monday :)

Advertisement