Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Upgrade / Renovation / Mid-West - Limerick

Options
  • 14-03-2014 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

Does anyone know of a retrofitting company in Limerick?
    I am looking to buy 4 bedroom detached second hand home and most of the BER ratings are around D1/D2 so if I do buy I want to factor in how much roughly it will cost to upgrade the house to a higher rating eg B maybe?

I really don't know? If this is the wrong thread can you point in the right direction as it is not very clear to me

Also when reviewing a home does the BER take into account the lighting used in the house eg if the house has a dozen halogen spot lights in the kitchen and old style bubs etc, will that bring the BER down? Also I guess if they have any open fire this will drag it down?

Most houses built in the last 15 years will have attic insulation so if I was to buy I imagine I would be looking to add the following to bring it up to a reasonable BER level:

* Wall insulation - 1500
    * New A rated windows and doors (2 doors plus 8 windows) - 5000
    * Stove fireplace - 1000
    * CFLs in all rooms - 100
    * Energy efficient gas boiler - 2000
    * BER and/or Expert report - 300
    * Solar water heaters on roof - 6000

Would around 16K sound about right?

Really don't know so would love to get some feedback please?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

no multiple threads please

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement