Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reillo RDB not firing

• 14-03-2014 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

Morning,

Heating stopped suddenly last night. The burner doesn't come on by itself when I knock the heating on and stats up! Only when I press the reset button on burner does it come to life! When I do it cuts out after maybe 30 seconds of fan noise but no firing.
    Pulled the burner out this morning to have a look. I'm getting oil at the bleed point but seems I'm not getting oil to the nozzle I pulled solenoid and I can see electrodes firing/operating ok. Cleaned photocell, had a spare solenoid so replaced that too.

Nozzle looks to me to be okay....do you guys think it's a control box issue? Any advice welcome

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

DEVEREUX wrote: »
    Morning,

Heating stopped suddenly last night. The burner doesn't come on by itself when I knock the heating on and stats up! Only when I press the reset button on burner does it come to life! When I do it cuts out after maybe 30 seconds of fan noise but no firing.
    Pulled the burner out this morning to have a look. I'm getting oil at the bleed point but seems I'm not getting oil to the nozzle I pulled solenoid and I can see electrodes firing/operating ok. Cleaned photocell, had a spare solenoid so replaced that too.

Nozzle looks to me to be okay....do you guys think it's a control box issue? Any advice welcome

No oil....faulty pump.......or blocked nozzle.
    Or 25 other things. It might need an expert.
    Especially for service and tuening useing a flue gas analyzer. ( cheaper in the long run )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭jimf

at a guess fuel pump first thing to be ruled out but as scudo said could also be blocked nozzle

being a riello rdb my money would be on pump

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

jimf wrote: »
    at a guess fuel pump first thing to be ruled out but as scudo said could also be blocked nozzle

being a riello rdb my money would be on pump

I agree with the other posts. If you have a pressure guage then you can check pump pressure. If not, remove pump and see if there is any tight spot when you turn the shaft. Also check the plastic coupling, even the slightest rounding of the flat part can be a sign of pump probs. you really need a guage to check it properly. As suggested, at this stage a repair and service call is best option.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭DEVEREUX

Late update but i replaced pump and Bobs your uncle and Fanny's your aunt.....fired straight away.

Thanks all.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Thanks for letting us know.

Make sure that you havn't a problem that is damaging your pump, eg water, dirt, air, oil head too low etc..

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Advertisement
Advertisement