Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ardgillan Park Run

Options
  • 14-03-2014 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭

After doing a search and failing to find one, I thought a thread on the Ardgillan Park Run would be useful?

Big crowd expected this Saturday due to a triathlon takaing place on the grounds and the Irish Times 5k runners who are due to take part in Park Runs all over Ireland.

So what are the initial thoughts of the run? I really like it. The hills are a massive challenge. Thanks to the organisers and I hope to volunteer in the near future.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Fraggle00

I'm thinking of travelling down to run it one of these days. One question, is it along a path or does it get muddy?

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭yknaa

Fraggle00 wrote: »
    I'm thinking of travelling down to run it one of these days. One question, is it along a path or does it get muddy?

Pretty dry all the way round. Path all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭AJAYC

Just 2 runners sub 20 yesterday, this must be a hell of a course?

AJAYC wrote: »
    Just 2 runners sub 20 yesterday, this must be a hell of a course?[/quote

I haven't done any other park run but yeah, the last c.2k is pretty much uphill.

70 runners yesterday. Bit windy but very enjoyable. A pb helps the mood of course :-)

From Facebook:

Unfortunately we have to cancel this weeks parkrun due to other events taking place in the park. Sorry for the short notice but the rain has halted any chance we had of using the overflow car parks or alternative routes. If you still want a parkrun on saturday then Malahide (with special guest Sonia O'Sullivan) Griffeen in Lucan and Marlay would all love to see you.
    We'll be back on the 12th as usual,please spread the word to anyone who might have been thinking about coming along on Saturday

• Advertisement
Advertisement