Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get gripe water in the midwest?

Options
  • 14-03-2014 12:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭

I'm in limerick but willing to travel. I've heard that some place in nenagh sells it but can't seem to find anything about it online? I've tried everything else (infacol, colief etc) and am desperate at this stage. I know you can't post the names of places here but if you could pm me I'd be ever so grateful :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

I'm in limerick but willing to travel. I've heard that some place in nenagh sells it but can't seem to find anything about it online? I've tried everything else (infacol, colief etc) and am desperate at this stage. I know you can't pist the names of places here but if you could pm me I'd be ever so grateful :)

AFAIK it's not sold in the Republic but you can buy up North. I got a load from the UK when my young lad was little when i visited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

I know it's not licensed to be sold in the republic but there are definitely places that sell it under the counter. It's like a gripe water black market :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I'm in limerick but willing to travel. I've heard that some place in nenagh sells it but can't seem to find anything about it online? I've tried everything else (infacol, colief etc) and am desperate at this stage. I know you can't pist the names of places here but if you could pm me I'd be ever so grateful :)

Lol lol I have heard of a chemist in drogheda selling it but that is too far. They sell it on amazon.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Gripe+water
    And ebay
    http://www.ebay.ie/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=Gripe%20water&_sop=15
    I know both sites a rip off but you wouldn't have to pay petrol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 ashcon

There's a filling station in Mullingar that sells it, it's the one with no alcohol in it, approx 6euro. Pm if you want details!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

why isn't it licensed in the republic? I am getting a bit nervous now...is there something ''illegal'' in it? I have been using it for my babs but wouldn't like to think I'm giving him something iffy..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

why isn't it licensed in the republic? I am getting a bit nervous now...is there something ''illegal'' in it? I have been using it for my babs but wouldn't like to think I'm giving him something iffy..

It has alcohol in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

testicle wrote: »
    It has alcohol in it.

It used to have alcohol in it, now it doesn't.

Cunning Stunt - I think it's just because the license is too expensive for medications for under two's in Ireland that a lot of companies aren't bothered taking it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

January wrote: »
    It used to have alcohol in it, now it doesn't.

Cunning Stunt - I think it's just because the license is too expensive for medications for under two's in Ireland that a lot of companies aren't bothered taking it up.

The UK version still does. The only gripe water you can get here has no alcohol and it's not as good.

The UK version still does. The only gripe water you can get here has no alcohol and it's not as good.

Oops! I have a bottle from uk! Bought it as a precaution in boots in a uk airport !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

ashcon wrote: »
    There's a filling station in Mullingar that sells it, it's the one with no alcohol in it, approx 6euro. Pm if you want details!

Could you pm me. Im in mullingae and due no 2 soon would be handy to know if needed. Bought it off ebay last time for my daughter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

There is a shop in huggingstown co kilkenny (south kk) that sells it got 2 bottles there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

http://www.lloydspharmacy.com/en/woodwards-gripe-water-150ml-12250

No alcohol...

http://www.boots.com/en/Woodwards-Gripe-Water-150ml_1816/

No alcohol...

http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/groceries/index.jsp?bmUID=1394827947798

No alcohol...

The alcohol was removed from gripe water a long time ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Yep gripe water used to have alcohol but doesn't anymore. I bought bottles of the stuff up north when LO was younger as he had terrible wind.

So what I've heard is gripe water is quite cheap so the pharmacies here in the republic choose to sell the more expensive formulas like infacol etc as they will make more money on them. How true is this I'm not sure.

But I definitely give the gripe water the thumbs up.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

Any chance of getting the name of the filling station please? I am in Mullingar and had to buy it from uk last time. Would be so much handier to get it locally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

I bought my bottle on amazon uk and it says no alcohol on it.

I just checked mine, it's a boots own brand bought in the uk and it has no alcohol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭prancer

I'm in limerick but willing to travel. I've heard that some place in nenagh sells it but can't seem to find anything about it online? I've tried everything else (infacol, colief etc) and am desperate at this stage. I know you can't post the names of places here but if you could pm me I'd be ever so grateful :)

PM'd you.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭unichick

Gullys shop in Newport Tipperary sells it and I've heard of a place in Murroe, Limerick selling it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 siob

Could u pm me to let me know where I can get this, as in need and in mullingar

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

Hi guy's can soneone PM where I can get this in Limerick ?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

I get it from expresschemist.co.uk and delivered to parcel motel. They deliver to your door but more expensive. I also buy calgel and metanium cream all in the one order to make it worthwhile.

Advertisement