Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fraudulent debit card activity

Options
  • 14-03-2014 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I had an automated call from my bank earlier (9.30am) to call their fraud team. I did so immediately and was alerted to 4no. online transactions from my current account between 9.20 and 9.24am. I have to say I'm very impressed with the speed of the banks actions in this case. My question is though what actually triggered this suspicion?, I suppose I don't use my current account very often, just to take in my salary, transfer the bulk to a joint account, pay petrol and a couple of standing orders.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭cml387

I hope it really was your bank, and not a phishing exercise.You didn't supply any information, did you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

Hi cml387. I had this concern as soon as I put the phone down so I called the branch who confirmed that it was all legitimate and that I had been speaking to their fraud team. They again confirmed the activity and card has been cancelled.

Advertisement