Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time seeing a tarot reader and it scared the s*** out of me

Options
  • 14-03-2014 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I got a reading yesterday for the first time ever as im going through a bit of a dilemma at the moment in my life and just wondering should I take what was said with a pinch of salt or should I read into it as a sign? I'd appreciate only those who have something nice to say to add to the conversation :)

It was mostly centred around my current situation and talked a lot about the relationship I'm in and where it was going in the future. I have been questioning it for quite some time and what he said basically made sense but I dont want to admit he could be right. It was Eddie Christian that gave the reading if that helps.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

Pinch of salt :) You could let it guide you but I wouldn't make any say, life changing decisions based on what he said. Saying that, I was also with a tarot reader yesterday and she told me to check my direct debit and that there had been extra money withdrawn that shouldn't have been. I checked dismorning, turns out she was bang on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 L.saurin

Pinch of salt :) You could let it guide you but I wouldn't make any say, life changing decisions based on what he said. Saying that, I was also with a tarot reader yesterday and she told me to check my direct debit and that there had been extra money withdrawn that shouldn't have been. I checked dismorning, turns out she was bang on :)

Thanks for your help. I guess what he said is just a possibility and not set in stone, my actions could change the outcome of what Eddy had said would happen. *fingers crossed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

Which tarot reader was that? (PM me if you don't want to say on the forum).

PM sent

Magenta wrote: »
    Which tarot reader was that? (PM me if you don't want to say on the forum).

Eddy Christian

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

Take it all with a rather large pinch of salt. I would advise that you NEVER make decisions based on what these people tell you.

3rdDegree wrote: »
    Take it all with a rather large pinch of salt. I would advise that you NEVER make decisions based on what these people tell you.

Im not following what he said but im just concerned with how true the information given could be about near-future stuff. I really hope he's not right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭SeaBreezes

PM sent

Pm me too? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

L.saurin wrote: »
    Im not following what he said but im just concerned with how true the information given could be about near-future stuff. I really hope he's not right.

In my opinion, no one can tell the future, so none of it is true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

L.saurin wrote: »
    I'd appreciate only those who have something nice to say to add to the conversation :)

Hardly likely to get honest and open feedback if you only want people to tell you what you want to hear.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 194 ✭✭D.Campbell

3rdDegree wrote: »
    In my opinion, no one can tell the future, so none of it is true.
    so is this now the skeptic thread ? confused because I would never get advise from a non believer to beginning with, you are entitled to your opinion but others are also.
    as for the OP just wait and see

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

I've been to a few and sometimes nothing they tell you happens but other times things happen that are coincidentially similar to what they have told you.

They always talk relationships because even if your single they can ramble on about the relationship you have with a parent, sibling or friend so I wouldn't get too worried about what might or might not happen.

My friend went to one and he told her that her bf wasn't the one and there would be cheating, break ups etc etc told her she needs to stay strong and move on.

Her mother went in straight after, the reader didn't know they were mother and daughter (although I'm sure he gathered they were from the same group of women there) and he told her that her eldest daughter (my friend) would be married to her long term partner soon and they will be expecting a baby by next yr and very happy etc etc

So after hearing this I'd be careful not to get too wrapped up in it. It's supposed to be a bit of fun, if you think too much about it -you will become more aware of what was mentioned in the reading and it could potentially lead to disruption in your life.

I went to see Billy Martin yrs ago in Mullingar and he told me that i'd meet Mr Right in the following two years and described him and things he owned (like a little bit of land and where it was situated), told me there was always a connection and it wouldn't matter what I did or where I went -our fate had been sealed and we were going to meet.

I was like yeah right !

Less than two yrs later, went on a night out and met this guy who I knew as my best friend's older brothers mate. Borrowed his tent to go to oxygen when I was a teenager. brought him to meet the parents, turns out he worked with my mother for five years, went to meet his parents turns out his father and my father worked together when they were young and are still friends....

he had land

still freaks me out

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭James DD

Sadderday wrote: »
    I've been to a few and sometimes nothing they tell you happens but other times things happen that are coincidentially similar to what they have told you.

They always talk relationships because even if your single they can ramble on about the relationship you have with a parent, sibling or friend so I wouldn't get too worried about what might or might not happen.

My friend went to one and he told her that her bf wasn't the one and there would be cheating, break ups etc etc told her she needs to stay strong and move on.

Her mother went in straight after, the reader didn't know they were mother and daughter (although I'm sure he gathered they were from the same group of women there) and he told her that her eldest daughter (my friend) would be married to her long term partner soon and they will be expecting a baby by next yr and very happy etc etc

So after hearing this I'd be careful not to get too wrapped up in it. It's supposed to be a bit of fun, if you think too much about it -you will become more aware of what was mentioned in the reading and it could potentially lead to disruption in your life.

I went to see Billy Martin yrs ago in Mullingar and he told me that i'd meet Mr Right in the following two years and described him and things he owned (like a little bit of land and where it was situated), told me there was always a connection and it wouldn't matter what I did or where I went -our fate had been sealed and we were going to meet.

I was like yeah right !

Less than two yrs later, went on a night out and met this guy who I knew as my best friend's older brothers mate. Borrowed his tent to go to oxygen when I was a teenager. brought him to meet the parents, turns out he worked with my mother for five years, went to meet his parents turns out his father and my father worked together when they were young and are still friends....

he had land

still freaks me out
    yes my experience you must go to a good one and another thing I have learned was not to take to much notice of the posts here, judge by your family and friends as you know them.

I agree with the above, dont listen to all the shyt out there, go for yourself and make your own mind up. I would say that I was generally very skeptic about the whole thing until a few years ago when I went along with a friend to see Billy in Mullingar, he really amazed me. Second time round not so much but still very good!

Advertisement