Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Car Parking Sandyford?

Options
  • 14-03-2014 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi

I am about to start a new job in Sandyford in the Q house... just wondering what are my options for car parking from free to the cheapest etc? Someone told me there is free parking in the Aldi car park?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

There is no significant free parking in Sandyford Industrial Estate. Beacon and Aldi offer free parking for 2-3 hours, but that's it, unless you have access to a private car park. Probably the cheapest paid parking is the old Atlantic DIY site. Some people have been known to park in neighbouring housing estates, but I would not recommend it - there is always the chance you might lose a wing mirror..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

You'll get clamped in the Aldi car park, it's free for customers only up to 2 hours.

As you go down Blackthorn Drive there is a car park on the left that does all day park, maybe for about €5 per day. Most streets are pay and display now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

The Aldi car park is free and there is no tickets necessary for access .

however, they might check the car registrations a few times a day to catch people parking there all day every day. Lots of free supermarket car parks do this. You regularly see staff doing this, in Aldi in Rathfarnham, Stillorgan SC and other places, so I would not be relying on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

huskerdu wrote: »
    The Aldi car park is free and there is no tickets necessary for access .

however, they might check the car registrations a few times a day to catch people parking there all day every day. Lots of free supermarket car parks do this. You regularly see staff doing this, in Aldi in Rathfarnham, Stillorgan SC and other places, so I would not be relying on it.

There is a sign inside the car park warning you that you will be clamped if you are not an Aldi customer. I've regularly seen NCPS monitoring the car park so I'd avoid using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Vic_Mackey

Duplicate thread in Motors. Best place to park IME is Holly Ave, controlled by NCPS. €3 a day or €12 for the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 paris24

I wont be availing of the Aldi option then, I thought it sounded too good to be true and its not likem a one-off thing, I am looking for somwhere mon-fri business hours.
    Holly Ave seems the best bet so far. I paid about €100 when I had a taxsaver dart ticket and same when I was using the leap car for bus into town so this isnt as exp lthough petrol costs too. Still not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 paris24

Trying to find a number to ring Holly Ave car park on but its disconnected... how do you avail of the €12 weekly rate, is it like a parking metre and you just select a weekly ticket or something?

Park By Text is a great service I used for parking at bray dart station pity there isnt one in sandyford, it was €30 for a calendar month so €1 per day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Luas?

Advertisement