Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running shops

Options
  • 14-03-2014 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭

Folks, I'm running the Vienna marathon in mid-April and I'd like to buy a pair of new runners over the next few days for it, particularly from a store where staff members know their stuff. I'm based in Kilkenny but between tomorrow and Tuesday, I'll be visiting Dublin and Newbridge. Any suggestions?

I'm currently using a pair of Nike Vomero (8) and I'll find them really good. But I just can't locate a store that actually has a pair in my side - any tips on this?

One last question - three weeks out of marathon and I'd wouldn't mind doing a race - what would you recommend, a 10k, 10 mile or half-marathon?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

Amphibian King
    https://amphibianking.ie/

They have a shop in Ballymount so if driving from Dublin to Newbridge tomorrow you'll pass very close to it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Amphibian King for the runners
    http://amphibianking.ie/stores

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

you might pick up a pair of Vomero in The Nike outlet in Kildare Village, not too far down the road from Newbridge

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RunRoryRun

I'm currently using a pair of Nike Vomero (8) and I'll find them really good. But I just can't locate a store that actually has a pair in my side - any tips on this?

I wear Vomero 8's too. Had trouble picking them up anywhere myself so ordered them on sportshoes.com . Delivered in under a week from the UK - 69.99 stg.

Might be worth investigating if you don't want to have to change runners your'e comfortable in this close to the marathon.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Toblerone1978

PaulieC wrote: »
    you might pick up a pair of Vomero in The Nike outlet in Kildare Village, not too far down the road from Newbridge

Unfortunately not. Well, not in my size anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Toblerone1978

RunRoryRun wrote: »
    Might be worth investigating if you don't want to have to change runners your'e comfortable in this close to the marathon.

Good point so made a few phone calls to see if I could them anywhere. Lucky enough, Elverys in Dundrum SC had two pairs in my size - one was luminous yellow, the other is black. I wasn't adventurous enough to for a luminous green! Cheers for the advice.

Advertisement