Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finglas 11 St Margrets Road Charlestown

Options
  • 14-03-2014 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

Hi all.

not one to moan about things but what the hell is going on with this road and the rubbish just thrown on it. once a week there's like 10 black bags just thrown on the grass at the side of it. Then then next day or 2 it gets picked up. I drive past it every day and while I have never seen anyone throw it there its right outside an estate with its own black gates infront. In case I haven't explained where this is exactly, if you are heading from ikea towards Charlestown shopping centre, its about 100m just before the round about for lanesborough.

I have been living around this area for around 6 months and I'm very happy here but the trash even in other areas of this road is nuts too. if u go further up it where it goes to the right before ikea at the lights, it turns into a free for all to throw there trash there. The government try to fine u 3k if u throw chewing gum on the ground, what do u get if u throw around 10 black bags full of crap and a sofa ?

sorry for the rant but its just woeful. The area is pretty decent and the neighbours are nice too. I just dont get if it is the estate with the black gates throwing some of these black bags out for the bin man to pick up or whoever, cause someone does pick them up regularly, why don't they give them wheelie bins like the rest of us instead of watching the crows and magpies have the stuff everywhere in the space of an hour.

anyways if u got this far in my post, ty for reading cleardot.gif:)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Moved from Dublin County North

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Ranting about it isnt going to solve it. Call DCC on 2222222 and report it. They are usual out within a day to clear it up

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭AVFC.Stephen

hfallada wrote: »
    Ranting about it isnt going to solve it. Call DCC on 2222222 and report it. They are usual out within a day to clear it up

thats the point though. someone is picking it up each week but its there for a day or so before anything gets done with it, then the crows have it everywhere. surely ringing DCC each week to pick up the same persons trash isnt solving the matter is it ?

as much as i hate the trash in the area, i think picking it up each week is just saying to them, that its ok to throw it there in the first place

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

The area is actually under Fingal Co Co, not Dublin City council. Also, the litter warden should have a look at it, and try to identify the rubbish contents, and then fine/summons those dumping. Of course, if they are caught dumping, they should be prosecuted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 KilleenA

Hi. I've noticed it too. Have you called the council yet? I was looking to do it. They need to set up a camera at least. If it's getting thrown out of a car they could at least trace the car!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭AVFC.Stephen

ai didnt ring anyone as i havent been here of late but they have put up signs which say no dumping cameras in operation etc. also i havent seen anyone dump there since the last time i moaned so maybe they are watching me on boards.ie lol

hopefully the issue is resolved but somehow i dont think a sign and no camera in sight is going to solve much in the long run

Advertisement