Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post seeking renewal of TV licence but I no longer live there

Options
  • 14-03-2014 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭

Hi there

I lived in a property last year and the TV licence inspector caught me on the hop and got my name. Shortly afterwards I paid for the TV licence for the year.

I've since moved out and three weeks ago An Post sent a renewal notice to my name, at the apartment where I used to live. (my friend still lives there and he passes my post on to me).

What do I do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Presuming you have one at your current address, ignore it as you no longer live there, its not your problem. You can transfer licences also...

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭fartyarse

Presuming you have one at your current address, ignore it as you no longer live there, its not your problem. You can transfer licences also...

I've moved home to my mother's house (woe is me) and she looks after the TV licence there.

I'm just afraid in case they summons me and all of a sudden there's a summons against me on my record!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Have you contacted them regarding the licence and explained you no longer live there and now live at a different address?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Give them a ring and tell them you no longer live in that address and the address you are currently at is already covered. Will only take 2 minutes to sort out

Advertisement