Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EDable Art - Cake/Cupcake Glitter

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Animord

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Hi, just in case anyone has missed this article thought it best to share here. If you have any bin it as its made from plastic.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2580168/Businesswoman-sold-edible-cupcake-glitter-shredded-plastic-powdered-brass-insisted-safe-despite-repeated-warnings.html

Glad to see she was convicted, this went on for years, I believe it went straight through the digestive system and reappeared just as glittery as it went in. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Animord wrote: »
    Glad to see she was convicted, this went on for years, I believe it went straight through the digestive system and reappeared just as glittery as it went in. :eek:

Can't believe it was going on for years and she was still allowed a stall at Cake International.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Animord

I don't know about legally but there were endless threads about it on British cake making forums. The labelling was at fault in my opinion - the idea that you can get away with calling something Edable Art when it is not edible is just wrong and clearly deliberately confusing for consumers.

Advertisement