Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complete post outage in home

Options
  • 14-03-2014 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭

Power went in house completely and I've checked, no power lines down, no tripped fuses, all bills paid. I'm just wondering if there's anything else I can do before calling out an electrician? Any trouble shooting steps? Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Yes, talk to your neighbors!
    Have they lost power?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Get the app "ESB Power Check" on your phone.It shows if there is a fault in your area or if its just you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭ireland.man

Turns out it was a fault or maintenance in the general area so as suggested, contacting the neighbours helped. We live in a rural spot without their contact details so it just meant a bit of a walk! Thanks for the replies.

Btw I've downloaded that ESB app- it'll be great to have, cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Cerco

A great little app. Possible problem would be phone and data services outage when a prolonged power outage occurs.

Advertisement