Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible to report an agency?

Options
  • 14-03-2014 3:25pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38

We need a carpet replaced in the corridoor outside our apartment due to mould and a leaky door to the rooftop. We notified the agency last year.

The carpet is 4 meters long by 2 meters wide.

It is talking them months to replace it. They ripped up half of the carpet a few months ago and left the mouldy half there.

I just called the agency for a status update and they said they are waiting for the board of directors to sign off on this 4m x 2m length of carpet.

What the F.

Can I report these people? Who can I report them to?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

If it's your own apartment, report them to yourself - because you are a member of the company that employs the agency. You should know who are the directors of the Owners' Managment Company; have a word with one of them.

If it's a rented apartment, ask your landlord to deal with things.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I just called the agency for a status update and they said they are waiting for the board of directors to sign off on this 4m x 2m length of carpet.

Talk to the board of directors of your management company. The agency can only do what they are authorised to do.

If you are not a member of the management company, then talk to your landlord, as stated above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭odds_on

If you are renting and your landlord has not paid the management service charges, then the management company may be less inclined to provide this service.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38 Fecked2bits

Paulw wrote: »

Talk to the board of directors of your management company. The agency can only do what they are authorised to do.

We are renting.

I talked to the landlord and he said talk to the letting agency.

I just find it ridiculous that 4m x 2m of carpet needs to be authorised by the board of directors.

What's the point of agencies anyway if they need board approval to replace basically a door mat? Why can't it just be the board and one Admin guy who answers the phone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭odds_on

We need a carpet replaced in the corridoor outside our apartment due to mould and a leaky door to the rooftop. We notified the agency last year.

The carpet is 4 meters long by 2 meters wide.

It is talking them months to replace it. They ripped up half of the carpet a few months ago and left the mouldy half there.

What the F.

Can I report these people? Who can I report them to?
    There are often two agencies involved in managed complexes.

The management company employ an agency or agent to carry out their instructions as regards the upkeep of the complex.

The landlord often employs an agency or agent to look after his rental property and to whom the tenant has contact, instead of contacting the landlord.

Which agent are you referring to?

• Advertisement
Advertisement