Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small festoon type LED lights for art project

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

MMM it says the use them in lights for trucks you could try O'Connell Batteries down in the Marina Commercial park give them a rind before hand and they will tell you over the phone (they close for lunch 1 - 2)

Dwyers have a great selection of bulbs but cant say I would be familiar with these

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Hi,

Does anyone know if there's somewhere in Cork that I can buy these type of LED lights?

http://www.ledbulbs.ie/sockets-shapes/festoon-bulbs/3-smd-festoon-led-bulb-42mm.html

I need to attach them to a mask to be used in a play, but would prefer to get them asap rather than wait for delivery. B&Q doesn't have them, I guess a hardware store somewhere is my best bet...

Many thanks

Maplin or Dwyers Una, I'll bring ya! Is this for today?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭blindsider

Halfords in Mahon

http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_11101_catalogId_15551_productId_900729_langId_-1_categoryId_212381

or, these guys might be worth a call

Premier Auto Parts
    Address: Southside Ind Est Pouladuff rd Cork Co. Cork
    City of Cork
    Phone: (021)4311666

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Actually what kind of power supply will you be using? I presume batteries? What voltage/type are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

send an email to this crowd www.ledpowerhouse.com
    dunno if they can help you or not but they will tell you where to go if they cant.
    nice people to deal with and its a local Cork company .

edit.
    just noticed the company you linked are also from cork. delivery should be quick but would probably be wednesday due to the weekend and paddys day. contact them and ask if you can collect?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 unahennessy

Yo Shane! It turns out I'm an idiot and was barking up the wrong tree altogether. This is what we're after:

http://www.save-on-crafts.com/blue-led-string-lights-battery-operated.html

Any idea if they'd sell them somewhere in Cork?

Also, thankyou everyone for your responses! Very kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,029 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Try Pendrick's Display.

Pendricks is gone bouy.. Woodies or actually again Dwyers had a sale done the back of the shop when you walk in for Christmas lights.. Or Argos

• Registered Users Posts: 17,029 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Milly33 wrote: »
    Pendricks is gone bouy.. Woodies or actually again Dwyers had a sale done the back of the shop when you walk in for Christmas lights.. Or Argos

And there was me thinking that they'd just moved.

Ne!! The closed down I think it was last summer or something. Cant say I was surprised went in there twice and the staff were pretty woefull, but I suppose sad to see the place go all the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭chinacup

Hi,

Does anyone know if there's somewhere in Cork that I can buy these type of LED lights?

http://www.ledbulbs.ie/sockets-shapes/festoon-bulbs/3-smd-festoon-led-bulb-42mm.html

I need to attach them to a mask to be used in a play, but would prefer to get them asap rather than wait for delivery. B&Q doesn't have them, I guess a hardware store somewhere is my best bet...

Many thanks

Saw someome selling them on adverts.ie a while back try there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

Try dealz for leftover Christmas stuff. They had similar ones for cheap

The other option is just buy a few LEDs in maplin and make a string. It's very easy

im telling ya Dwyers had them

Advertisement